Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Today I have another great blogger to share with you guys!  Madigan from Madigan Made is with us today and she is a sweetie!
Madigan is full of great ideas and easy DIY crafts and ideas.  Some of my favorites?  Well I loved this DIY Cornice Project.
And then there is the beachy printable she made!  Love it.  And she left it for you to download and use on your own!
And right now she has a series going on called Summer Loving with NO Oven that features all kinds of yummy summer recipes that you don’t have to go near a hot stove to enjoy!   Loving these Caprese bites!  Delish!
So without any further ado – here is Madigan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi there! I'm Madigan, the writer behind Madigan Made. I'm excited Jess invited me here today!
madigan button
If you are interested in simple crafts, recipes and home decor, then you may enjoy visiting me over at Madigan Made. I love easy and chic ideas and love to share them. (Oh, and I also love my hubby and puppy... and a little dark chocolate and coffee!)

Today I want to share an idea for wall art that involves sports tickets.


I'm a huge fan of personalized art for my home.
Anyone can pick up a print from a home store. I prefer to make it "mine". 

Well, this art project is very personal to  my husband. It is for our sports-themed basement.

Ever since I have known my husband, he saved all his golf score cards and any ticket to a sporting event. He knew that some day he would want to display them, maybe in a media room or basement. I came up with these frames as a way to meet that wish.

These tickets just prove that you can frame anything and it could be art. (if that is what you want to call this!)

Want to make one of these yourself? Well, first you will need:
  • A sports fanatic husband (who loves to golf and is often invited to sporting events by friends and family)
  • Many, many, many sports tickets and golf score cards (Mr. Madigan collected them for 10+ years.)
  • Adhesive (scrapbook glue dots/tabs would work well)
  • Large empty picture frames (I like the ones from IKEA. They are large and come with mats already.)
  • Poster board
First, cut your poster board to about the size of the glass.
Open the frame and using a pencil, draw an outline of the mat opening onto the poster board. Use that line as a guide for laying out your tickets.
You could lay out your pattern before adhering anything. But I just start in one corner and work my way across. Use the adhesive to secure the corners of the ticket to the poster board.
Try to alternate the type and look of each ticket and avoid too many of one kind next to each other. Carefully overlap the tickets when needed. You may need to trim off some of the tickets (I also trimmed down some of the golf score cards, too).
After you've covered the entire mat area, pop it in the frame. Could not be easier!
I love this project because once Mr. Madigan collects enough tickets to fill another one, I can just go and buy another frame at IKEA.
I slowly made these displays over the past several years.  I made six total frames for our basement.
Here are four more of them below.

I bet you could do this with other types of tickets...
For your music lover: Concert tickets?
For your theater or movie buff: show tickets?
For your roller coaster fanatic: Amusement park tickets?
It really is a great way to save and display a memory.
If you like this project, come visit me over at Madigan Made! You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or StumbleUpon. I enjoy sharing 'behind the scenes' info and other great ideas I find.



Thanks, Jess, for letting me share this project!
(Hope you are enjoying your time with your little one!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again Madigan for helping out and stopping by!   Didn’t you just love that project?   What a great way to keep mementos.  I think it would be a fun way to organize summer vacay memories too!   What would you make out of it?  I wanna know!

15 frugal friends said ...

the cape on the corner said... @ July 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM

i love this idea-i wish i thought of it years ago when we moved out of the house i grew up in. movie stubs, concert stubs, sigh. i loved looking back at them.

Unknown said... @ July 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Jess, Thanks so much for the invite today! :D

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said... @ July 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Hi Madigan,
This would be the perfect thing for my niece who has a bazillion flight boarding passes to an from her former job in the Carri bean.

Thanks for passing it along.
And, for helping Jess out :)

All the best,
Dana @ Cooking at CafeD

Unknown said... @ July 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Those Caprese Bites look yummy, especially this time of year.
What a fun tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing ;)

Jeff Johnson said... @ October 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

If you really want to turn your old concert tickets into artwork check out what this Toronto artist has done with my ticket collection!

www.crystalgbelanger.com

Just scroll down till you see the ticket art series.

Anonymous said... @ November 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Madigan, what a great idea the ticket art is~ My hubby has hundreds of old concert tickets and he wanted to display them in his office - this is the perfect idea and I can do it myself~ Thank you!

every things said... @ May 9, 2020 at 11:16 AM

پدرام پالیز
پویا بیاتی
یوسف زمانی
یاسین ترکی

Thomas Dodge said... @ July 21, 2021 at 8:08 AM

Thank you so much for writing this post. It was very interesting. Check out our article about Test your webcam. We have provided quite a bit of information for your reading pleasure. Thanks again for the information provided by the author.

Custom Boxes World UK said... @ August 28, 2021 at 1:32 AM

A hangtag (or swing tag, contingent upon who you ask!) is a tag appended outside a piece of clothing or product. It's anything but a part of the product, yet it is something typically eliminated before use. Hang Tags Printing can contain a customized logo, just as promptly open data about the item (like size, care directions, materials utilized, and so on).

Custom Boxes World UK said... @ September 30, 2021 at 2:07 AM

Store your larger Shipping boxes and heavier loads in our sturdy custom shipping boxes. So keep that image in the foreground with every container you stream. These Shipping Boxes Packaging is made of a handy corrugated cardboard material that guarantees the orders of all your customers. Modify everything about the delivery box so that recipients are eager to receive and unpack their orders.

Custom Boxes World UK said... @ October 1, 2021 at 1:29 AM

All clinical organizations are exceptionally aware of the nature of their items and their packaging. It is broadly realized that drugs are very delicate outside ecological conditions like temperature, dampness, and light. So to shield Eye Drop Boxes from the cruel climatic conditions, moisture or daylight, give special consideration to their packaging.Eye Drop Boxes

AOL Mail Is Working Slow Problems said... @ October 27, 2021 at 2:40 AM

I hope it will be helpful for almost all peoples that are searching for this type of topic. I Think this website is best for such topic. good work and quality of articles Thanks.

Custom Boxes World UK said... @ December 15, 2021 at 11:34 PM

Custom Tuck End Boxes UK home, and feel free to converse with one of our business chiefs for a live arrangement. You can likewise get the expense utilizing item packaging boxes by dismantling the sort of Custom Tuck End Boxes UK page.

Anonymous said... @ December 15, 2023 at 4:05 AM

jordan 1 off white
supreme new york
fear of god outlet
chrome hearts outlet
off white shoes
kobe byrant shoes
supreme
fear of god
travis scott jordan
off white

sportstotozonecom said... @ February 15, 2024 at 1:24 AM


I read your article very impressively I want to write something like this

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails