Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Hey guys!  Sorry for being away for so long but my Lil Man decided to show up a little earlier than anticipated!  Isn’t he precious!?!?

IMAG0016

I was due on July 5th but I started having contractions on the evening of the 26th.  Then the lil guy decided to hold out until the morning of the 29th before he made his final appearance!  Yep – 58 hours total and I did most of it unmedicated.  I gave out at 56 hours since we had to push a little Pitocin to get me from 9 to 10.  (I stalled out at 9 for a couple of hours.)  It was an experience I don’t think I would change how I did it – but it sure took a toll on my energy levels for a couple of days. 

When the Lil Man did arrive he was truly LITTLE!  He was only 5 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 inches long!  But he is really strong and is doing great!  Below is his 4th of July photo! 

4th of July

So between not sleeping through contractions and then not sleeping through the night with this little guy – I have not had a whole lot of presence of mind to blog!  But that is ok because he is just perfect!

DSC08554

I wanted to share these pics with you guys since I know so many of you have been anticipating his arrival.  I am going to be taking a short break from regular posting but I have some GREAT guest posters that have offered to pitch in and share some of their ideas with you guys!   So stay tuned for those starting soon! 

42 frugal friends said ...

Gretchen said... @ July 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Aw, he's so cute! Congratulations!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said... @ July 6, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Congratulations!!

Laura said... @ July 6, 2011 at 11:55 AM

yayyy!!! :) Soo exciting! I'm glad you guys are both doing well!! Congrats! He's precious!

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Congratulations Jess! He is absolutely precious :o)

Thrifty Decor Chick said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Congrats Jess!!! He is beautiful!! So happy for you girl. :)

Unknown said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Aaaawww - he IS just perfect! When you went silent I was wondering if he had made his appearance. So happy for ya!

Stephanie said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM

How precious!!! Congratulations you guys--and he really is so tiny! I can't even imagine as my first baby was 10-6, and my smallest was 8-6 (I just grow 'em big I guess) Enjoy your baby, and your break!

Kate Riley said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Totally precious!!!! Welcome to motherhood my friend, let the crazy excitment begin! Can't wait to read more about your experiences, big hugs, take it easy!
xo
Kate

Anonymous said... @ July 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Awww..too cute.

the cape on the corner said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM

oh my goodness, he is so extremely adorable! congrats and happy bday to him!

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Congratulations Jess! He is just perfect! I've been thinking about you a lot and I'm just so thankful everything went beautifully. Enjoy your time with Lil Man :)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Yay, Jess! Congrats! You and baby look fantastic. I was starting to suspect he might have come early. You've been much too quiet!! Enjoy each day! :)

Angie Holden said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:21 PM

So cute Jess!! Congrats!!! :)

Barbara Pilcher said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

He's beautiful. Congratulations to your and your family. Thanks for posting. Get your rest!

Chris said... @ July 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Oh, Jess...I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations on a healthy and absolutely adorable little one!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Bethany said... @ July 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations! He's perfect!!!!

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said... @ July 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Jess - congratulations. He's adorable and you're a trooper! I'm glad you're org doing well. :)

Marivic said... @ July 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Aaawwww...congrats. My two-year old was little too at 5 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches! Get alot of rest!

Ally Simons said... @ July 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Those cheeks!!! Oh my- congrats, Mama! What a absolutely perfect little man.

Something Nice and Pretty said... @ July 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Yes, welcome to motherhood the greatest job ever♥ I'm so happy everything turned out so well for you both!

Rondell

The Single Nester said... @ July 6, 2011 at 3:41 PM

How precious! Many happy and healthy memories to come your way!

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 6, 2011 at 3:56 PM

awwww congratulations!! He's so tiny!!!

Debi said... @ July 6, 2011 at 5:16 PM

How sweet...what a beautiful Mommy and Baby!! Blessings!!

Sarah, Three Boys said... @ July 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Yay! Congratulations! He is gorgeous!!

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said... @ July 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Congrats, Jess! So exciting and he is just beautiful! Now I really need to get that guest post done for you :-)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said... @ July 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM

congratulations!! He is adorable and you look fantastic!

Anonymous said... @ July 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM

What a cutie! Congratulations!! You look great too!

Nana's Fun Stuff said... @ July 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

He's adoreable Jess!! Congrats and rest up some. You deserve it after that many hours :)

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said... @ July 7, 2011 at 7:51 AM

So adorable! Congratulations!

Unknown said... @ July 7, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Absolutely precious! So glad you are both healthy and happy! Congrats, Jess!

Julie B said... @ July 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Jess, He is beautiful and perfect! Saying prayers for you and your family. So happy for all of you!

Unknown said... @ July 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM

My oldest was 36 hours and worth it !!G-d bless enjoy every second and take it easy!

Paula said... @ July 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Congratulations Mommy!! He is adorable!! I know you guys must be beside yourself with happiness!
Enjoy every bit of your Lil Man,they grow up way too fast!!

Rachel said... @ July 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Congratulations!! He is so adorable! :D

Elizabeth said... @ July 7, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Jess! He is just beautiful, congratulations! hope you get some rest!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ July 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Congratulations Jess, Hubby & Lil Man! He is so precious! I agree 100% with Rondell "Welcome to the best job ever!" And remember, YOU are the only person who knows how much sleep you need -insist on it. (I wish I had back then. :)
Feel free to ask any kind of "mom" question you want -I will completely un-biased. Well, maybe only a little.... you ARE one of my fav blogs!

Pam said... @ July 8, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Congrats Jess! Welcome to the world Little Man! Love that as that's what I call my youngest!

He's just beautiful!

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said... @ July 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Congrats to you and your new family Jess! He is precious!!! He was born on a very important day. The day my best friend and little sister was born. She's actually expecting her second girl in a little over a month.

I'll be emailing you soon with a post ;-)

Brittany (aka Pretty Handy Girl)

LesleySW said... @ July 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Congratulations! That's fantastic and he's a cutie!

Oh, My Darling said... @ July 22, 2011 at 7:35 PM

He's so beautiful! Congrats to you and your family!!!

Karen said... @ July 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Congratulations! I don't know how I missed this. What a beautiful boy, hope all is well.

Anonymous said... @ March 27, 2022 at 8:43 AM

Hi there! I would like to let you know Mixxerly.com is the most accurate and best website to learn about all your favorite celebrity net worth. It is even better than other celebrity net worth websites. Mixxerly publishes in-depth net worth information about famous celebrities. Mixxerly also publishes famous people's biographies. It is the best website for such information I've seen so far. Mixxerly.com is the best resource when it comes to data about the net worth and wealth of Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities. Mixxerly precisely calculates how much is the net worth of your favorite celebrity using a "state of the art" proprietary algorithm and publishes it on the mixxerly website. So whenever you need to know the net worth of any celebrity, you can use mixxerly.com as a trusted and verified resource in this matter. There is no doubt that Mixxerly is a trustworthy source of information and is regularly mentioned and cited by other major news and media publications.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails