Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Whoa …. how are we already through May?  And how is it that I am supposed to have a baby in 5 weeks?  It blows my mind!  Well – before we get too far into into June I thought I would wrap up my favorites from the past month - both here and from around the web! 

DIY and Crafty Goodness

Since we are in the home stretch for getting the Lil Man here I worked on a lot of projects for the nursery!  For starters – I made some custom name art for his room.  And yep I did two versions – one for the blog and one with his real name.  Because I am crazy like that! 

Next I made a custom crib skirt for our crib.  I love the bright colors we have going on in the nursery!

Finally – we got our dresser refinished!  I still can’t believe the before and after on this one!  I am so in love with with new hardware!

before and after

Inspirational Ideas

I shared some great ideas with you guys on how to make sure you won’t miss out on decorating up for your ceiling.  I love this idea for using a little molding on the ceiling.

From Around the Web

I love this monogram pillow tutorial from Jen @ Scissors and Spatulas!  No fancy cutting machines here – just a little old fashioned freezer paper!  You are going to love this one!

Photo via Scissors and Spatulas

This was too cool – “paint” your own vintage blue mason jars!  I have one of the vintage ones and I am always on the look out for more while I am thrifting.  But these are a great way to reproduce the look for a fraction of the price and with out all the hunting!  Celeste @ My Greenbrae Cottage was responsible for coming up with this great idea!

Photo via My Greenbrae Cottage

This one is another great idea that totally made my day!  Vivienne @ The V Spot shows us how to spray paint tissue paper!  Brilliant!

Photo via The V Spot

And finally – if you ever wanted to know how to reupholster an ottoman Jessica @ Decor Adventures will show you how to do it!  This is a fantastic tutorial!

Photo via Decor Adventures

So there you go!  Those are my favorites from the past month!  What about you?  Have a favorite you want to share?  Feel free to post it on my Facebook page – I love seeing all your great ideas and favorites there! 

2 frugal friends said ...

Joyce said... @ June 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM

can you believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone. I have less than 3 weeks to go now!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said... @ June 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Oh my - In that ceiling photo - I love the way they used that dead end hallway to it's full potential by putting a hutch there.

LOVE it!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails