Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I am so behind on my posting!!  Yikes!  (Sorry guys!)  Here's hoping this post redeems me!


Say hello to my little friend!  If you stopped by my place in real life - this is what would greet you at the front door!  I LOVE it! (Please excuse the shadow that the beam by my front door casts on my pics!)

So for starters - let's go back to the beginning shall we.  It all began when I was browsing the 50% off Easter Stuff at Hobby Lobby.  I found this pre-painted wood plaque and the flower cut out in that section.  Total cost = $1.50 for the sign and $0.50 for the flower.  (Love it!)  So I painted the flower up with a little hot pink paint.  To paint the stem, I used the "soft apple" green mixed with some black.  (This is the same "soft apple" I used on the Apple project.)

Once I finished the flower - I painted these uber cute letters I found at Hobby Lobby for $0.99 a piece (times six = $6 bucks)!

Now, I had the letters painted and the flower painted, but there was still this issue.  The flower had a hole in the top that could be used as a hanger if it was an ornament - it originally came on a thin pink ribbon.  I thought about cutting it out, but then I came up with a better idea!  (Keep going to see what it was!)

So here is the finished project.  After painting, I glue gunned the letters and flower in place.  I love how whimsical and fun it is!

Oh and that hole?  I stuck a chopped off piece of an old choker style necklace into the hole with a cute little bee charm on the end ($2.99).  I just glued the wire in - no muss no fuss!  Isn't the little bee too cute!

If you were keeping track - this adorable sign cost me $11.  Again - can I just say that I LOVE it!  It makes me smile!!!  So my question is - do you have anything on your door?  Or do you think hanging things on the door is overdone for holidays other than Christmas?  Inquiring minds want to know!


Linking this up to the following parties

15 frugal friends said ...

Unknown said... @ March 31, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I have never real hung anything on my door for anything other than fall and Christmas but I have found such cute wreath ideas that I have enough fo rthe whole year now! I think they are fun and expressive. I love your welcome sign very inviting! I'm over from Shabby Chic cottage, I'm your newest follower :)

Kelsey said... @ March 31, 2010 at 11:45 PM

SO CUTE!!!! Love it...I never hang stuff on my door. I should start!

Kelli said... @ April 1, 2010 at 7:12 AM

This sign is so adorable. I love that you added the bee...perfect.

Megan Gunyan said... @ April 1, 2010 at 11:09 AM

What a fun sign. It makes me smile! Spring is just around the corner...can't wait! Stopped by from Get Your Craft On. Hope you can check out some of my stuff as well! Have a great day!

TLF said... @ April 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Hi!! This is fabulous.. Thanks for the idea!
Visiting from Somewhat Simple. :)

Chennifer said... @ April 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

very cute! Since I'm living in a kind of "waiting room" (In 2 years I move to the dominican republic, so nothing feels like home right now) I don't have anything on my door, but I will make one for when we move!

Lori said... @ April 1, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I'm in love with your Spring sign! It's so inviting! I love the price as well.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

Lia at Petite Little Bee said... @ April 2, 2010 at 9:12 AM

What an adorable sign. Thanks for sharing how you made it and the price of it. I am a new follower.

M.O.T.B said... @ April 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Congratulations on being one the finalists on the $5 challenge!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck!

Lisa said... @ April 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Love this! Very cute! It's very cool how you took a bunch of random things and put them together to make such a cute piece!

Niki said... @ April 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM

So adorable! What a festive way to welcome visitors!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said... @ April 3, 2010 at 12:30 AM

What an adorable sign! You did a fab job... thanks for linking up to the POPP.

Pearl Maple said... @ April 3, 2010 at 3:46 AM

The little bumblebee just makes it, delightful cute sign to welcome the change of seasons.

therti said... @ June 28, 2022 at 5:58 PM

a fantastic read replica louis vuitton click over here now 7a replica bags wholesale visit site https://www.dolabuy.su

Anonymous said... @ December 15, 2023 at 3:45 AM

hermes birkin
jordan travis scott
jordan 4
jordan outlet
jordan shoes
yeezy
yeezy 500
palm angels outlet
bape official
golden goose outlet

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails