Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I love shoes!  And when my dear friend Beth over at Stories from A to Z decided to have a Show Me Your Shoes party I knew I was in!  Anyone who knows me - knows that I am pretty much a shoe collector.  I have actually toned it down a little since I got married, but there is still something about walking into a DSW and smelling that new shoe smell!  Ahhhh!





Now to show you my whole collection would take some time, so instead I decided to show off my 5 favorite pairs.  Now let me say that these aren't the five pairs I wear most often, but they are my five prize wins that really speak to me the most.  After taking the pictures and getting them ready to post I started to notice that my favorite shoes say a lot about my personal style too.  

So my first fav pair is one that I bought a couple years ago and it is almost time to break these out again.  I wear these in the spring with a pair of dark wash trouser cut jeans and a white button up on Casual Fridays at work.  I love the bright white trim, graphic pattern and shiny sturdy hardware.  This is true for me at home too.  I like a good contrast between my trim and wall color.  I tend to go for graphic prints over florals.  And any "hardware" (knobs, fixtures, or faucets) needs to be sturdy and shiny! 

This pair is also another variation on a lot of the things I love from the shoe above.  I wear these to work with black or gray slacks.  I adore the shiny patent leather and the menswear vibe of the tweed fabric.  The chunky heel is great too - it is substantial but has a great line and curve to it!  And they do have some great hardware going on!  I tend to gravitate towards furniture that has the same principals - dark, substantial pieces with a little curve! 

This picture turned out a little fuzzy, but I love these faux snakeskin flats I got at Target.  Note that this is what I consider a flat.  (As a shorty I need to have some height going on at all times.)  Again - these feature a sturdy tapered wedge which is both functional and fashionable.  And while they are a little more casual - they still have a dressy vibe!  I like that in my furniture and tend to mix pieces that aren't too casual but aren't too formal!

Now these is where I let my more adventurous side show through.  Love the 4 inch heel, the multiple buckles and the fact that they just look like I could kick booty in them!  This is the kind of occasional spark that I like to find in accessories.  Something that is a little surprising is sometimes the element that makes a room! 

This is my current fav dressy pair, and are the ones I wore to the cocktail party at Blissdom!  I love the shiny metallic accents and the fact that the faux snakeskin print (again) adds some texture.  I definitely tend to gravitate towards shiny accessories around the house (remember my blinged out Christmas tree) and this silvery gunmetal color is one of my new current favorite accents. 

So there you have it!  My five favorite pairs of shoes.  What do you think?  Do you think that your style in clothing and shoes is reflected in your style that you use in your home?  I am curious to see if that is just me.  Oh and head on over to Beth's to check out all the other great shoes!!



P.S. If you have missed me the last two days online - I have a reason.  Our internet stopped working!  Turns out the technician that did our move didn't transfer our address on our modem and it started locking us out.  After two nights on the phone with Tech Support and getting a new modem we finally got it fixed.  I will be catching up on email and comments later today!   

11 frugal friends said ...

Unknown said... @ March 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I love me some DSW, too! Like being a kid in a candy store.

Sandy said... @ March 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM

nice shoes.. especially the strapey
leather ones.....yummmm!

Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/03/all-for-love-of-shoes-my-shoes.html

Patti @ Pandoras Box said... @ March 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Love the tweed peep-toes!

Leanne said... @ March 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Love your shoes. The first 2 are my favorite. My shoes are mostly casual snce I'm just kicking around home most of the time.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ March 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM

What a fantastic post! You did a great job highlighting your shoes but making it work into your home niche...love it! This has been so much fun for me to see everyone's personality represented through their shoes. My favs of the ones you highlighted are your adventurous ones. Strappy and sassy speak to me! Thanks so much for linking up.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi said... @ March 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I love your shoes but I am not a heel person so I'll just admire from afar ;) Thanks for sharing!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said... @ March 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Great shoes! I like those strappy ones. DSW makes me drool!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said... @ March 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I love them. DSW is shoe mecca.

Sarah Larsen said... @ March 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Love this idea! I really love your brown strappy numbers!

Claudya Martinez said... @ March 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I'm loving the Target "flats", which of course I would consider heels because I am 5'10"

Anonymous said... @ November 28, 2023 at 4:31 AM

Thank you for sharing this post; I found it to be quite informative. Check out this story right now! Everyone should read it How To Use a PS5 Controller With a PC . A gamepad tester is an essential tool for serious gamers to make sure their controller is in excellent working order.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails