Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I know I shared my faux Christmas mantel with you guys the other day – but I want to show you some of the other little vignettes that I have set up around the house. 

Here is a full shot of my entertainment center and “mantel”.  I really like how it came out – the entertainment center is the perfect place for us to hang our stockings! 

DSC07117

Here is a close up!  I think the whole theme is really pulled together! 

DSC07124

I love that I was able to use some of my silver glass ornaments to fill my wire basket!  And my lil Reindeer friend is propped up there too!

DSC07127

I also set up a cute little set of Santa’s and a Merry Christmas sign on my side table.

DSC07136

And finally I have a bunch of glass ornaments and some floral pinecone accents in the bowl on my coffee table.  Again – just a few touches but I really like how they bring a pop of Christmas all over!

DSC07139

So what about you?  Any Christmas touches around your house??  I still have some ideas for what I want to do in the dining room – but this is as far as I have gotten so far!!

Linking this up to

Christmas Vignette Party with Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality
Holiday Home Tour with Julia @ Hooked on Houses
Metamorphosis Monday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday with Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life

13 frugal friends said ...

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said... @ December 2, 2010 at 6:39 AM

I like the bowl with the ornaments idea. It's such an easy way to add color around the room (and use some of the extra ornaments while you're at it!). Those Santas are cute, too! :-)

Thanks for joining my impromptu party, Jess!

Unknown said... @ December 2, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Your little reindeer is adorable. I like the ornaments in the bowl as well.

Rekha said... @ December 2, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Simply and cheerful, love the festive spirit of the decor. May I invite you to join in the Christmas decor and delights carnival here..
http://www.thekeybunch.com/2010/12/december-carnival-christmas-decor-and.html

MJ said... @ December 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM

good stuff....very cute!

Unknown said... @ December 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Cute! It's hard to figure out where to put stockings when you don't have a fireplace (when we rented, we just nailed ours to the wall), but I love how the stockings look on your entertainment center! So cute. You did a great job making it a festive area!

~Chelsea

Pam Kessler said... @ December 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM

It's looking good. Those Santas are darling.

fafner said... @ December 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM

The stockings by the entertainment unit are the cutest thing I've ever seen!

My cat woke me up at 4 am, so I had no choice but to use that time to put up Santa stuff all over my apartment. I hope it's not tacky when I get home...

Anonymous said... @ December 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM

love all the decoration you have done. I enjoy decorating all my rooms also. love all the ornaments in the bowl. You can use that idea in any room and make that area festive. Happy Holidays to you. So enjoy your blog!!!

Erin said... @ December 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Looks terrific and festive!!! Those little santas are so cute!

Elizabeth said... @ December 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Your NOEL looks great and you can't go wrong with ornaments in a bowl! Nice job.

rmcdaniel02 said... @ December 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Thank you so much for posting this! I had wanted to do one of those ornament trees for the longest time, but had no idea how! YAY! Also, we don't have a mantel either, but have used shelves instead. Makes me feel SO much better knowing I'm not the only one! :) On a side note, how high would you hang shelves for this purpose (or in general)? I think ours might be too high, but the hubs and I are both fairly short. We don't have high ceilings (just reg 8 ft), so is there a "rule of thumb" for hanging shelves?

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... @ December 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Oh it looks wonderful. I love that you hang your stockings there. I don't have a mantel either, so it's always a challenge with the stockings. Love all of your decor. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said... @ June 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .

net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on numerous websites for about
a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
I have heard very good things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into
it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!


My web page ... just click the following web page

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails