Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

If you guys know one thing about me … it is that I love some bling!  In fact – I need to make a search label for the blog that just says bling!  So I think it should come as no surprise that my Christmas tree is a gigantic mesh of shine, sparkle and glitter!  Behold – I give you my tree! 

DSC07199

Isn’t it purdy!!  It makes me smile every time I look at it!! 

DSC07159

I have had most of the red ornaments for a while – one of those big containers of ornaments from Target.   I adore the big ol sparkly snowflakes!!! 

DSC07172

I love how they pop just as well as the silver ones in the lowlight too! 

DSC07174

The silver ones I picked up last year – love the sparkly star!

DSC07181

I also have my handmade rope ribbon ornaments that I made last year.  You can check out the tutorial if you would like to make some of these for yourself!! 

DSC07212

I also just LOVE the little mirrorball ornaments!  Had to give you guys a close up of those!! 

DSC07217

Oh and my tree topper?  That is actually one of my pew bows from our wedding!!  I love that I have kept it and that it was a part of another special day for us!!  That and I can’t make a bow to save my life and the ones that my MIL made were so beautiful!!!

DSC07219

So here is one final shot! 

DSC07203

Ah!!  I love it!!  I hope you guys do too!!  What does your tree look like?  Do you go for traditional colors or more contemporary ones?  Is yours full of bling and sparkle too? 

Linking this up to

A Christmas Tree Party with Sarah @ Thrifty Décor Chick
Holiday House Tour with Julia @ Hooked on Houses
Open House with Linda @ Costal Charm

27 frugal friends said ...

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said... @ December 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Jess, it's beautiful! Love the colors & yes, I like some bling myself. Gotta have some!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said... @ December 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM

It's beautiful!!! I love the reds and whites and bling! FAB!

Karena said... @ December 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Jess your tree is so gorgeous!! I just love your theme and color palette!

Remember to come & enter my $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said... @ December 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Gorgeous tree! Love your bow tree topper, too, and what it represents. :)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said... @ December 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Looks beautiful! I love the red and silver color combination!

Amelia said... @ December 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Loved the tree - absolutely gorgeous.

Farah said... @ December 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Your tree looks fab Jess..... it is everywhere the Christmas trees.. yours is one of those who are great... very lovely friend...

I would love if you come and enjoy the fragrance of sweet potpourri heart at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Anonymous said... @ December 9, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Beautiful Christmas tree,very elegant nad romantic, I lake it!!!
Kisses, Zondra Art

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said... @ December 9, 2010 at 4:43 AM

So pretty :o)

eroomje said... @ December 9, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Your tree is beautiful! Our tree has ornaments I have made through the years, some in felt and appliqued, some newer ones sparkly. I also have the things our kids and grandkids have made, chains, mostly, beautiful in the eyes of Nana and Poppop. Our tree is full of memories, along with the lights that don't come off, hurray!

Erin said... @ December 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM

LOOK AT THAT!!!!! I love it of course!!!! This would be perfect in the Buckeye room, you were right!!! I cannot wait to show the man when he gets home, he'll love it too! Great job Jess!

René said... @ December 9, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Your tree is absolutely stunning. I can see why it makes you smile.

-Rene

Unknown said... @ December 9, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Just love love that tree, it is plum pretty.

ClassyGal said... @ December 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM

wow it's gorgeous! It made me smile too :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... @ December 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Oh it is just fabulous. I love all the sparkle and bling. Such a pretty tree. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said... @ December 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I was gonna hunt you down @ Sarah's, (knew you'd be there too ;) but I got you by email 1st thing this am. Yay!

Love the red & silver. I don't think I've ever done red & silver, which I can't believe because I used to do soooo many trees. Yours is just gorgeous! Love all the bling!

And it's okay to love bling! Me - give me ribbon. Lots and lots of ribbon. [sigh] It almost makes me want to do weddings again. Almost.

Skooks said... @ December 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I love that you use a pew bow for your tree topper. I always wondered what people did with those things after the ceremony. :)

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ December 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Just stopping by to say Merry Christmas and everything is just beautiful and festive!! The tree looks great!!

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said... @ December 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Looks so good! I definitely need some bling...I feel like it is taking me forever to build up our collection of ornaments!

Karen said... @ December 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM

So pretty Jess! My mom does an all red and silver tree and I've always loved the way it looks. Love your addition of white and the very important element of bling!

Have a great weekend.

Jennibell said... @ December 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Beautiful tree! I love the mirror ornaments too. I clicked over to your rope tutorial and think maybe I'll do those with the kids at the YMCA (I work with the 6+ group in childcare) -- I figure some Styrofoam shapes and holiday yarn might work! Thanks for visiting my blog. . .I've enjoyed clicking through yours. Hope you might get some of that snow everyone is talking about this weekend!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ December 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Gorgeous tree! My favorite part is your bow and it's special meaning. :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said... @ December 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Hi there~ Love your tree- it is covered in gorgeousness!! I just blogged about my living room tree last week and it is pretty much covered in bling too. Your tree is beautiful- well done!

Michael Wurm Jr said... @ December 10, 2010 at 7:14 PM

wow! love, love the silver and red inspired look. it's soooo beautiful and festive! thanks for sharing!

Kitty Deschanel said... @ December 11, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I love your color scheme! Really, I just want to sneak over and "borrow" your tree for my own house. You could have it back after Christmas! ;)

If you get a chance later today, I'd love for you to stop by to link up to my Not "Baaad" blog hop :)

Anonymous said... @ December 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Your Christmas Tree is beautiful. Also, I'm going to try the Ornament tree with my leftover metallic balls.

Techwikies said... @ September 1, 2020 at 12:36 AM

Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.

Apple Keyboard For PC

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails