Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I don't.  I am going to be honest.  My "home" that I own is more of a burden than a blessing.  My "home" that I live in is more of a personal dungeon.  It is a symbol of my ability to not be able to move forward.  So I have two homes, and until recently, I was really quite ready to just be rid of both of them.  


But you know what, both my "homes", they are still standing.  They are both intact and protecting my family with warmth and comfort.  As much as I don't like them, they give us shelter, storage, and a safe place to lay down. 


People in Haiti right now have no shelter.  No storage.  No safe place to lay down.  Please pray for them.  Please donate if you can.  You can donate to the Red Cross here.  Or if you want something really easy, just text "Haiti" to 90999.  $10 will be on your next cell phone bill and that money goes straight to the Red Cross. 




6 frugal friends said ...

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ January 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I do love my home and my heart aches for the unimaginable horrors and losses that the people of Haiti are experiencing. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said... @ January 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM

We are indeed blessed!The boys and I were discussing what was happening in Haiti yesterday - and the lesson was the word Anarchy. For them, anarchy is just breaking moms rules. I was trying to convey what anarchy meant in Haiti. I don't think they quite graps the magnitude - but I do. I think of the mothers over there and how I would be feeling. As Beth said, unimaginable horrors and losses!

Shirley said... @ January 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM

You are so right! We are blessed, and I hope that we continue to pass on our blessings to others all the time, not just in times of tragedy.

Anonymous said... @ January 15, 2010 at 7:56 AM

It does make you stop and think, doesn't it? My heart breaks for those people, and I'm so thankful today, too, for warmth and shelter.

Julia said... @ January 15, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I'm always complaining about my house and what we don't have but it's seeing the suffering in Haiti that really brings it home to me how lucky I really am. Thanks for this post.

Claudya Martinez said... @ January 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Definitely puts things in perspective.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails