Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I first heard about Blissdom in November when I had just started blogging. I didn’t really look into it because it was a.) a conference for bloggers and I felt like such a newbie and b.) I figured it would be too expensive.




Well, now that is closer to the event, I see that Blissdom is basically in my backyard. It is here in Nashville at the Opryland, which means I really wouldn’t have to travel. So now, I am debating with myself if I go. I could swing the Friday Night Cocktail Party for sure and would love to go to the Saturday sessions if possible.

However, I am still on the fence. I am just starting to consider myself a real “blogger” and I can see that there are probably a lot of things I could learn and people to meet. And the fact that it is taking place 20 minutes from my house is another screaming positive. On the other hand, my 7th grade inner child is screaming at me that I haven’t made a big enough splash in this pond to even consider going. (She has also promptly reminded me that I have nothing to wear.)

So I am curious - are you going to Blissdom? Would you go if you could? Have you been before? At what point in your blogging life did you go? What is more important, the networking or the sessions?


9 frugal friends said ...

Jessica Jones said... @ January 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Well CRAP! I was all excited to see what every one said...looks like its just me and you...I have been debating the exact same thing...so I am no help at all

Kate Riley said... @ January 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I'll be there, and I'm coming all the way from California. Don't you worry anything about your blogger "status" - who cares about that ! Just come and meet everyone, especially at the cocktail party !

Kate

stephanie h said... @ January 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I wish I could go! You should definitely go, I bet you'll have a blast!

Amy@TheLemonCottage said... @ January 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I think you should go!
I would love to attend. It would be neat to meet people in person... go and have fun! And then come back here and tell us all about it! :)
~Amy

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ January 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM

If I could in anyway afford to go, I would be there in a heartbeat. You are not the only one who will feel like a 7th grader. If I was going, I too would be scared...but the hell if that would stop me from going! Do it. Be bold and courageous and have a blast. Go introduce yourself to the ladies and enjoy yourself for me! Okay...well...for you, but I want to live vicariously :). If the only thing that is stopping you is fear...go.

This Mama Works It! said... @ January 13, 2010 at 6:31 AM

If it were that close to me I would most definetly go. How fun!! Go and have fun!

This Mama Works It! said... @ January 13, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Oh stopping by from SITS. Very cute blog! I am a follower now!

KimMalk said... @ January 13, 2010 at 7:14 AM

You should go! You could use it now more than ever!

Rachel Cotterill said... @ January 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM

If there was a blogging conference in my backyard (or, frankly, even in my *country*... we just don't seem to have them) I would go if I could. Not because I have any interest in being a "big" blogger or making money - just because all the bloggers I've met to date have been really lovely folks, and it would be nice to meet more. Don't worry about being new.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails