Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

If you are a regular reader, you may have noticed that I tend to slack off on my posts towards the end of the work week. Part of that is due to the fact that I am just too overwhelmed to go to work all day, read all my favorite blogs, and come up with posts. The other part of that is that I spend my Thursday nights wrapped up in Grey’s Anatomy and Friday nights I like to relax.

However, I was so excited when a couple of weeks ago when Stef at Frugal Home Ideas announced that she was going to have a “Paint Color Party” that I planned to participate.  Of course, this week bled into the weekend and I realized that I missed the launch of the party, but thankfully – it is running all weekend so I still have time to get mine in (so do you - come on over)!

Being that we have only ever had one house I only have a couple of “Favorite” paint colors that I have used personally.

Behr’s Castle Path



This color is a fantastic neutral! It pops so well against a creamy white molding and it isn’t too dark to be used in a room that doesn’t get much light. We used this in our family room and hallway in our first house.


Behr’s Chocolate Froth


Again – this is a great neutral color. It doesn’t really translate well in these pictures, but it is the exact color of the top of a latte when the coffee mixes with frothy milk. It is also a color that picks up the colors you pair it with in a room. With warm colors it gets warmer and with cool colors it picks up a wonderful cool calm hue. I love it! We used this color in all the bedroom’s in our first home.




Behr’s Mood Indigo


When we moved into our first house – this is how the kitchen looked. It was so white it was overwhelming.


The room is HUGE too – 15 by 25 – so I thought it could handle something that was bold and rich. With all the wood colors, I wanted to go with a blue that would complement the large expanse of honey color that was in the room. (Please excuse my mess … we were a tad bit cluttered when I snapped the photo. My hubby had just installed our over the range microwave at the time. He is so handy!)


Of course, when we put the house on the market, we went ahead and repainted it to a more mellow yellow that was a little bit more neutral and buyer friendly. But I still love this color! I would love to do it in a powder room or bathroom again at some point.

Now those are the paint colors I have used – but these are ones I want to use in the future! Can you tell I am ever so slightly obsessed with grey tones??



 

 





What about you? Any favorite paint colors? Let me know and join into the party!









8 frugal friends said ...

Unknown said... @ January 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

You're not the only one obsessed with greys. They're the new neutral, so I read - along with purple (color of this year) and turquoise.
Have been wanting to write a post about this, and now you've inspired me. Thanks!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said... @ January 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM

i'm a bit obsessed with grey tones, too. right now there's an antique grey that i'm lusting after for our master bedroom.

i really like that puddle shade!

kelly

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said... @ January 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Hi, Jess! Thanks for chiming in on that post. And since I don't know what you look like, I'll depend on YOU to come up & introduce yourself at Blissdom. Would love to meet you. We are having a meetup at the party Thursday night with all the home/decor bloggers, so hope you'll join us. It's nothing formal, just a gathering of all of us who love decorating.

Anonymous said... @ January 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I'm liking greys too (along with a bunch of others :-)). Hope you had a good weekend.

Jessie Weaver said... @ January 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I'm not usually one to get attached to a paint color, but I came across Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams in a Southern Living, and am obsessed with getting my bedroom painted that color! http://www.sherwin-williams.com/search/?search_terms=rainwashed&section=

Leanne said... @ January 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I love greys too. That Chocolate Froth looks interesting and I sould love to use the Laurel Mist. I'm having a giveaway this week if you want to stop by.

Anonymous said... @ April 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I am OBSESSED with Castle Path by Behr. I painted my Master, upstairs hallway, and soon my entire great room with this color. It looks dramatically different in each area of the house dependinging on the lighting.

Anonymous said... @ December 15, 2023 at 3:54 AM

yeezy 700
yeezy shoes
air jordan travis scott
supreme
bape outlet

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails