Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I had so much fun making this wreath!  Some of my favorite memories from my childhood were about Easter Egg hunts.  I mean – we got into it!  Waiting for the parents to hide eggs all over the back of a wooded hillside and then just tearing out after them like we were caged beasts!  It was so much fun.  So whenever I see a plastic Easter egg – I can’t help but have a little smirk on my face. 

What I started with was this ivy wreath I got on clearance from Ikea for $2.99.  I had gone out and hung it on the door earlier this weekend as a potential spring wreath candidate.  I love how full it is.  And that is what got me thinking about hidden Easter eggs.  (You guys should know by now how random my little brain can be!)

DSC07804

So I went out and got a pack of plastic eggs from the dollar store.  Then I dug into my floral supply stash and got some floral picks out.  My little eggs came with holes in the bottom – which was totally convenient for me.  I just ran the wire through and twisted it to secure.

DSC07814

Then I flipped the wreath over and wired all the eggs on from the back.  I was hoping this would provide the “hidden” look I was going for – and I think it did!

DSC07818

Check out the finished project!  I love it!

DSC07821

I think the ways the little eggs poke out from behind the leaves is just too cute!

DSC07824

I can’t wait to be able to do egg hunts with our little man.  It is so funny the things you start to look forward to once you know you have a little one to prepare them for!

DSC07831

Can you spot all eighteen eggs?  It might take a little while to find all of them!

DSC07835

I think it is the perfect wreath for about $4!  Here is one last shot!

DSC07841

So there you go!  What about you?  Got any Easter decorating going on at your house?  Do you have fun memories of Easter egg hunts from your past?  Planning one for this year?  I wanna know!

Also linking this to

Metamorphosis Monday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
Spring Link Party with Kate @ Centsational Girl
Get Your Craft On with Kim @ Today’s Creative Blog
Tip Me Tuesday with Laurie @ Tip Junkie
Show and Tell with Becca @ Blue Cricket Design
Hooking up with HOH with Allison @ House of Hepworths
Transformation Thursday with Gina @ Shabby Chic Cottage
Show and Share Day with Chris @ Just a Girl

Weekend Wrap Up Party with Jen @ Tatertots and Jello

14 frugal friends said ...

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said... @ March 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

It's so cute and really does remind me of an Easter egg hunt. I LOVED those hunts as a kid too. I still do actually ;o)

Anonymous said... @ March 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM

That is a great idea! It turned out so cute. Some of my best childhood memories are of Easter egg hunts.

Unknown said... @ March 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Seriously...just $4. Awesome! This adds a bit a fun to the simple ivy wreath.

Grammy Goodwill said... @ March 28, 2011 at 7:43 AM

I found all 18 eggs and I love your wreath.

Unknown said... @ March 28, 2011 at 7:43 AM

This is a beautiful wreath. I love how the bright colors pop out behind all of the greenery.

fafner said... @ March 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM

So cute! I think you got the "hidden" effect perfectly. You don't want to hide them too well after all!

Old Jail Artist said... @ March 30, 2011 at 5:03 AM

You're a genius!

Anonymous said... @ March 30, 2011 at 5:23 AM

It's amazing how something so simple can be so darn cute. Here all I did here was spend $7 on a Easter wreath from the Christmas Tree Shoppes. Now I feel silly.

Karen said... @ March 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM

That's so cute. I have about a zillion of those eggs from the days when my kids had egg hunts. Great way to use a few.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said... @ March 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM

That is adorable and brilliant!

My Dream Canvas said... @ April 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Wow, this looks lovely. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas.

Anonymous said... @ April 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Luv this!

Cindy

e said... @ March 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hi! I featured this Easter blog post on my blog today!

http://www.buildingabetterpeach.com/2012/03/my-top-5-most-favoritest-easter-crafts.html

xoxo,
Peach

teautheauth said... @ June 7, 2022 at 1:17 PM

navigate to this web-site my review here my review here my review here click this over here now this post

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails