Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I had some of my best friends in this weekend for a little girls weekend!  It was a blast – we had so much fun.  But that gave me a lot less time to work on any “big projects” this weekend.  So instead – I want to share with you something “small” that makes a big difference to me.

So this was our Living Room the last time I shared it with you guys.  I had just added the art behind the couch – centered of course.

Now at this point – I said I had two things I wanted to do.  One was to replace those ugly vertical blinds – that is still in the works due to the loss of some necessary parts from a trip to Ikea.  The other thing was to get some new baskets for the coffee table. 

I have looked high and low for baskets for about 6 months straight.  Never was able to find any that I loved.  Until just recently.  Check it out!

Living Room - baskets

They are so perfect!  I love the neutral liners and the multi colored woven look.  Here is a closer look.

Baskets - close up

Aren’t they lovely?  And you wanna guess where I found them?  You will never believe that these beauties came from Kroger.  Yep – we have a fancy Kroger Marketplace with a full home goods section.  So these were on sale for about $7 a piece and I knew I had to have them.

Basket

Love em!  They are going to be perfect for the lil man to keep his stuff in once he gets into the crawling phase!  They really make me so happy – sometimes it is just the little things!

So what about you?  Made any little changes in your house recently that you are just in love with?

Linking this to

Metamorphosis Monday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
Make It Your Day with Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden
 

Before and After Party with Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick 

14 frugal friends said ...

Kim said... @ March 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM

They ARE perfect. And a real score price wise too!

deb said... @ March 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM

The baskets were meant to be!
*hugs*deb

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ March 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM

they are PERFECT!!!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said... @ March 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Okay, which Kroger are you going to??? I go to the one in your town, and I know they don't have this section. lol!! Are you going out to the newer big one closer to H'ville? Fabulous find! And, you're right, they will be PERFECT for your new little one to stash toys!

Unknown said... @ March 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Love those! Wish our Kroger had the marketplace - they have such great finds there.

Those will be perfect for your little man's little things :)

Ritkiss said... @ March 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Very fun baskets, they look perfect under your table. I guess I was MIA when you announced your little one on the way, a big congrats to you and your husband!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said... @ March 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Jess,
I recently bought one of these small square wooden plant pots from Ikea. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=BJUR%C3%96N++pot

I usually buy tealights (also from Ikea) in bulk, and this box is the perfect holder.

It's silly...
But it made me so happy!

Hey folks,
There's still time to enter our GIVEAWAY - stop by if you are interested. http://www.cookingatcafed.com/2011/03/featured-artist-friday-bogo-sale-and.html

Karen said... @ March 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM

That is a great price. I thought I'd scored last week when I picked some up on sale at Target for $9.99, but mine aren't lined and they are smaller. Good deal! I like the texture baskets add to your room.

Amy @ Positively Splendid said... @ March 22, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I love it when you find something that is a perfect fit like that! They look great!

fafner said... @ March 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM

It's like they were made from that coffee table! Also, I hear ya on the IKEA thing. I love them, but half the time I want to open my product at the store because I know there will be some part missing. I still haven't fully built my coffee table (from 6 months ago...) because I don't want to go all the way back to IKEA.

Gabby @ The...Late, Young Family said... @ March 23, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Those do look great! My little man loves to get into everything, so it is nice to have baskets and drawers set aside for him to get into. I chose you for a Stylish Blogger Award! Click here to see!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said... @ March 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Love the baskets, and what a perfect place to store your little guys favorite toys!! And they'll look neat and tidy when you want to clean up! Love it!

Vicky @ Pearl District said... @ March 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Love the baskets!!! It is very hard to find the perfect ones for a perfect price! Looks like you scored big time! Miss you! Sorry I haven't been commenting. :(

xoxo

kara@elements-interiors.net said... @ April 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!! Beautiful!
I would LOVE to have you link up to my PARTY! WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!

And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)




*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails