Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

So awhile back I asked you guys what you preferred... art centered over the couch or centered on the wall. I showed some examples of each and the conclusion that I came to was that personally, I like it to be centered behind the couch. And most of you agreed with me on that!

So to refresh - here is a shot of what our living room looked like before. Note that it is still in need of both art behind the couch and a fix for those ugly vertical blinds.

So here is what I added!  Check it out!

Love it!!  So I had this painting in our "other house" and had been using it as a staging piece in our living room.  So I thought it would be perfect on this wall and sure enough it was!!  I just love how it looks!


I also switched out my blue pillows for some fall colored ones.  The brown ones have a sage green stitched leaf patter and then the lighter chenille ones are so cozy for fall!  I think it all picks up the colors in the painting as well. 


The painting itself is very fallish - but I just love the colors in it.  I originally got it on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Just $45!  Such a steal for a piece that big!


Sigh ... I love it!  And I am so glad to have it back!  I really think it just makes the room!  Now all that's left is those blinds (which I have a plan for ... I just need to execute it) and figuring out some baskets for the table. 


So - let's hear it.  Now that it is up in the room - do you like it where it is behind the couch or do you think it should have been centered on the wall?  Let's see where you all end up this time!

P.S.  And it really is centered behind the couch, but since none of these pictures are dead on it looks a little off!  I actually stood up and checked it once I started editing the photos!! 

Linking this to

23 frugal friends said ...

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said... @ October 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I like it where it is! I'm a centered behind the couch person for sure!!

JenMarie said... @ October 10, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Definitely centered over the couch, looks great!
...love the pic w/ the kitty!

the cape on the corner said... @ October 10, 2010 at 9:51 PM

oh yes, if it wasn't there, the whole thing would look wonky.

so did you ride your bike to the library or what? that sounds like a great gift! good luck on the giveaway!

Amanda said... @ October 10, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I prefer it centered over the couch. Wonky is the word I'd use, too, if it were centered on the wall. If I may, I think the venitian blinds need a fabric valance or scarf to soften it a bit.

Andy Doodson said... @ October 11, 2010 at 4:26 AM

I so much like the blog. And I would to say How the nice furniture. I can't believe it. Really nice. :)

Anonymous said... @ October 11, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I'm a center of the wall kind of gal. I rearrange the furniture so often that the center of the couch is not a fixed location!

Becca Bertotti said... @ October 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM

So pretty! The colors in your print are perfect in your room! *Becca*

Michelle said... @ October 11, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I'm a bit ADD and a bit OCD and I know if it wasn't centered with the couch, I'd be wanting to move the couch all the time! lol

Karen said... @ October 11, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I like the centered above the piece of furniture look best. I have an image of a room from Suzanne Kasler where she centered a group of pictures above a sofa and then balanced it with a group of three pictures hung horizontally at the end of the wall. That's a good solution for someone with a long wall.

Johnnie said... @ October 11, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Cute. Thanks for the inspiration. We just moved and I am all about decor these days. I am a new follower. Stop by my crafty blog when you get a chance! Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Connie said... @ October 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I think it looks great. Since you have lots of wall space above and on the sides, your wall could easily accomodate a grouping, I think I'd add an iron scroll work piece to the top and maybe something on the sides.

Making It Work Mom said... @ October 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM

It looks great - centered with the couch!
Love the room

dee dee said... @ October 11, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Looks fantastic!
Dee Dee

Jenni said... @ October 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I think it looks great centered above your couch! What a difference it makes to the room, too! I love the pillows you added as well. (And I must say, I am loving that gorgeous coffee table you have in front of the couch!:)

I hope you are having a good week!

Blessings,
Jenni
{Beautiful Nest}

Farah said... @ October 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Love your painting very much, it suits the overall mood of your room very much. The room sounds comfy, and inviting, without a overloaded hustle bustle of decor, a neat clean lined room, Coffee table is something I love...Cushion enhance the beauty of your sofas, overall a very inspiring room.
Wish you happy time here,
love

Unknown said... @ October 12, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I think it looks fine because the lamp in the corner fills in that extra space on that side.

7524kes said... @ October 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I've admired that painting on Overstock. Looks terrific! It seems "centered" to me because of the corner lamp and light switch flanking the sofa. Very soothing look. TFS.

TheCraftInMe said... @ October 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I love the natural tones in the room, the picture brings it all together.

Megan Gunyan said... @ October 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I vote for behind the couch! It looks great in the room! Love it.

Unknown said... @ October 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Perfect, just as it is. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it wasn't centered!

oooh, I can't wait til I get a place and get to unpack all my stuff! Almost makes the delay worth it. . . almost!

Young Wife said... @ October 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I like it where it is. It's a very pretty room!

KimMalk said... @ October 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Hi Jess, Yes, centered is best. Sometimes I'll put something on the wall to make the art look more centered, i.e., a large tree in the left corner. (I know you don't have the room there, just musing.) The art is very pretty in the room.

Anonymous said... @ March 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Very modern and relaxing atmosphere. I am having the same problem so this has helped me a lot!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails