Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Fall to me always conjures up certain feelings, textures, scents and sounds.  But I think we can all agree that when you think the word "fall" you think leaves and branches. The best part is that these "accents" are often free for pick up throughout the fall in your backyard or local park.  Nothing more frugal than free!  So here are some great ideas for how to use these in your decor.

Putting a collection of leaves and grasses in a small vase can make a beautiful display.

Plaid Floor

A bunch of sticks in a large vase can make a striking focal point in a room.

Family Room View 2 traditional family room

Use leaves as simple pieces in a fall tablescape.

Autumn Dining eclectic dining room

Leaves scattered around candles can add a bright pop of color to vignettes.

Simple Autumn Decor contemporary living room

Spray painted branches can create unique and interesting art pieces. I love this bedroom by Karla @ It's The Little Things.

So how about you?  Do you use "found" nature in your decor?  Any other ideas for how we can incorporate these things?  Let us know!

5 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ October 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Oh Jess -- I LOVE decorating with twigs. I think I would be so happy living in a tree house (really). I've used twigs off and on in my house for a long time, but the project that has received the most attention from my friends was this one (you may remember it):

http://wwwbobbypinsboardwalk.blogspot.com/2009/11/twig-wall-decor.html

Great post. You've touched on one of my favorite decorating accessories.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... @ October 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Love the look. However in the desert, there aren't many tree branches and leaves to bring in. lol Hugs, Marty

Karen said... @ October 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM

You would love my mom's yard. She has dozens of mature pine trees. I like to clip branches of the trees to decorate for the holidays and pick up the pine cones that fall to the ground to use throughout the fall and winter.

Erin said... @ October 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Hey Jess, I am going to contact you tomorrow with my e-mail, that way you can e-mail me whenever you like:) Thank you for all of the comments you always leave me, you are such a genuine person, and I appreciate that:) That being said, pinecones, pinecones, pinecones!!! I have somethings I want to do with pinecones, but am amassing some more before I do it. Good thing I have a neighbor with an abundance,lol!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ October 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I love bringing the texture of outdoors inside. The framed branch is lovely! If my birch tree were not so tall, I might be tempted to give it a trim. Guess a nice white-wash is the next best thing. :)
I brought in a bunch of pruning for our master bedroom, and am really enjoying it. You can take a look {http://shanarunacreativespace.blogspot.com/2010/10/bringing-nature-indoors.html}

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails