Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Since we are only a couple weekends away from Halloween – I decided I ought to get my act together and flip over to a spookier front door!  I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to do – and I think I was able do a nice mix of sparkle and spooky! 

For starters – I spray painted one of my many grapevine wreaths gloss black.  Ah now it looks like evil twisted vines… or snakes … or something else creepy!
grapevine wreath

I also sprayed some silk leaves black and then wired them onto the wreath with some glittery skulls I got at the dollar store.  Combine that with purple glittery sign and volia!  A creepy and sparkly Halloween wreath.
Spooky Sparkly Wreath

Ack!  I love it!  It is totally spooky I think – but not so much that kids will be scared to come get candy!
Spooky Sparkly Wreath

I love all the glittery Halloween stuff that is out this year!  It seems to be the “in” thing – Target is full of it!
Glittery Skulls

I wanted to do some more sparkly spooky stuff.  So, I took these foam tombstones I got at the dollar store and sprayed them with some spray adhesive.
Foam Tombstomes 
  And then sprinkled them with some black glitter!  Love it!
Faux Tombstones

I set them up the corner with a couple shimmery spiders! 
Tombstones & Spiders

So the full effect?  Check it out!  I threw in a couple purple mums too! 
Halloween Front Door  
I love it!  But the best part … is that this is the view that the little spooks and goblins will see when the come up to ring my door!
Spooky View  
Bwahaahahahahahah! (Evil Grin)

Do you have anything spooky up your sleeve for Halloween?  What do you think of the glittery trend – love it or hate it?  I wanna know!


Linking this up to





Visit thecsiproject.com

14 frugal friends said ...

Chris said... @ October 17, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Cute! I really like the purple and black together!

Sarah @ Sarah Bohl Designs said... @ October 18, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Spooky! Love it!

Savannah Granny said... @ October 18, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Great sparkly decorations. I agree the sparkle adds a super effect. Sure takes the dollar store stuff up a notch. I would come to your door for candy. I love the purple trick or treat sign. Ginger

Emily@remodelingthislife said... @ October 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM

very spooky! love your projects!

Mel said... @ October 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM

purple and sparkles, swoon!

I thought I didn't have the time to decorate outside, but you made this look so cute and easy, I might have to find the time.

fafner said... @ October 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Only you could make something both glittery and spooky at the same time!

Cristie said... @ October 19, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Hi Jess, love the wreath, it's very fun. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Unknown said... @ October 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM

It all looks great! Very creepy! We appreciate you stopping by and joining us for Anything Related!
{*Rebekah*}

Katie said... @ October 20, 2010 at 7:01 AM

LOVE this wreath! I still need to make a Halloween wreath... its on my list to complete in the next few days!!! I'm your newest follower and I'm hoping you'll swing by SewWoodsy.blogspot.com for my first ever link party today! This would be a fantastic project to link up!

Rebecca said... @ October 21, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Loved the sparkle-every holiday needs a little of that!

The Autocrat: Haley said... @ October 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Very fabulous! You can never have too much glitter for any holiday! Great job!

Holly Lefevre said... @ October 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM

The gloss paint really makes a great base for this wreath! I admit I love the sparkly! Thanks for linking to tickled pink!

Anonymous said... @ March 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM

wow, cool front doors wrath, this is for holloween i think. but i really like is the design to how you show it in the pics.

oldenglishdoors said... @ May 10, 2021 at 6:42 AM

To complement the layout of the wood door, we also deliver accessories to style up the doors. For the front doorways, we have glazing, stained glass, and wood panels. Thus, developing a stunning décor that still offers privacy. Our glass panel designs are true period designs from pattern books as reference. Wooden panels are available in two designs conventional stable one-piece and our new insulated “warm” panel. For our external doorways, we have glazed panels, side panels, and fanlights.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails