Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

It is no secret to those who know me that I love the color gray!  (In fact – today I wore a gray sweater with gray and black tweed pants.)  And it is a dream of mine to be able to paint our next house in several gray shades. 

Now if you think that gray is just moody – I am here to show you otherwise!  Here are some gray spaces that inspire me.

Love this little corner - the gray pops against that white moulding and creates a calm space.

grey



The deep charcoal on these walls is warm and cozy!
grey



The taupey-gray band above the top of the wainscotting is the perfect crowinging element in this room.
Grey & Aqua traditional dining room



Now - I am normally not a fan of wallpaper - but I just love how the pattern has a bit of a sheen!
Wallpapers


Yellow and gray is such a classic and cheerful combo! You can't say gray is moody in a room like this!
Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary family room



I adore this wall of mirrors! So dramatic!
Amoroso Design contemporary hall



Love how the butler's pantry picks up the dark tile in the kitchen floor!
KitchenLab traditional kitchen


So there you go – some inspirational gray rooms!  What about you?  Are you a fan of the gray?  Or is that a trend you just can’t get into?  I wanna know!



P.S.  You still have until Friday night to enter my blog-aversary giveaway!!  That $30 gift card could be yours!

9 frugal friends said ...

Amanda said... @ October 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Gray isn't something that I've been able to wrap my head around, atleast not in the home we're in. It's a 107 year old house with all original solid red oak woodwork, and it's been wax treated to keep the grain and color vibrant. I've got self adhesive paint chips all over the house, and the grays that I like just don't mix with the red wood. I do love the photos you've posted, and I think with white trimwork, it works beautifully. The one thing I've noticed in all of the photos you've put up, though, is there is a hint of some vibrant color - red, yellow, green, or orange. If I owned a new construction home with white trim, I'd definitely have to look at grays more seriously. :)

sucor said... @ October 22, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I haven't gotten into the gray trend and I don't think I will. I do love the gray and white look. However, we get a lot of rainy dreary days here and I would have trouble deciding on a gray that didn't make it feel even worse.

Erin said... @ October 22, 2010 at 7:21 AM

It's kind of like white, love to look at it, but don't know if I could do it :)

Jasmine said... @ October 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM

I love shades of gray, I think it's a great neutral color that goes great with so many other color combinations....I want to paint our basement a gray-blue (we have warm wood floors and it would be white trim ~ kind of nautical), but my husband is very hesitant to do it because he thinks it would look too cold and depressing...I think I'll show him this, maybe he'll change his mind! Thank you for sharing!!

Karen said... @ October 22, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I love the look of the gray walls with the crisp white trim. Some day I will have a gray house with a red front door!

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said... @ October 22, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I love gray too! I painted our master a beautiful gray and it is one of my favorite rooms in our house. Even the hubby likes it. It can be such a versitile color from calm to drama. I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there who loves it!

Unknown said... @ October 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I think the gray is very pretty and relaxing but it is not "me" lol I am more into a country cottage look with a bit of rustic added. I definitely like my walls to have a muted color to them so no matter what you do they look good without having to repaint all of the time. I think all of the examples are gorgeous!

Rebecca said... @ October 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I've never even thought about grey as a color-very interesting. I don't think I've ever bought or painted anything grey either. I'm definetely a black and white girl -more of a pink, aqua, seafoam green girl or anything with rich antique tones-you've got me thinking though!

dimagrire con l'aiuto del pc said... @ September 18, 2023 at 2:03 AM

Hi great readingg your blog

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails