Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Now that I have finally gotten all of our "other house" unpacked I am more in the mode of finding a place to put everything rather than needing to purchase anything.  But that doesn't mean I still don't like to shop around and browse online! 

So I went out on my Facebook Page and asked what you guys needed help with finding.  Bethany piped up and said she was working on her living room and was looking for chairs and lamps.  Lamps you say?  I love lamps!  She said the lamps needed to sit on some trunks she found at a yard sale (love her already!) and would need to be on the tall side since the tables are a little shorter than the couch.  She is working on transforming her living room into "vintage cozy" (again love her!) with white slipcovers, some old worn touches and some pearls thrown in here and there!  I think it sounds beautiful.  So I started looking around for lamps for her that might fit her needs!  Let's check out what I found.

For starters, I like the streamlined look of this lamp.  The darker finish I think would pop well against white slipcovers she has planned. 
Tower Table Lamp from Target.com - $29.99

I love the antique feel of this one!  I think it hits the vintage note! 
Brushed Nickle Pharmacy Lamp from Walmart.com - $39.88

Or perhaps she might want something with a little more bling?
Simply Shabby Chic Crystal Lamp from Target.com - $44.99

You can't go wrong with simple clean lines and a pull chain! 
Durham Table Lamp from WorldMarket.com - $49.99

Or perhaps you like that simple look but you want something with more curves than straight lines?
Canopy Bronze Lamp from Walmart.com - $34.88

Now for something completely different - you could take a traditional look and just double up on it.  I am so intrigued by this one.
Barometer Lamp from Ikea.com - $39.99

Or perhaps just keeping everything white is the way to go?

Sometimes just a classic swing arm lamp in black will do the trick.
Simplistic Design Table Lamp from Walmart.com - $46.88

I hope she likes at least one of these?  What about you?  Which one do you like the best and what best says vintage cozy in a lamp?

3 frugal friends said ...

Erin said... @ October 14, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Great lamp finds Jess! Again, we are sooo much alike:0) I love lamps!! Love the fact that you picked so many variations and lamps that are different styles. You may have made me think I need some new lamps;)

Bethany said... @ October 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM

WOW! I love them!! What great options to choose from! At first glance, my favorites are the brushed nickel pharmacy lamp, the shabby chic crystal lamp and the barometer lamp (so unique!), but really, they are all winners. Thank you SO much for your kind words and help!!!!!!

Janet said... @ October 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I like 3,4,& 5 the best. I really like 5 though. The angles on the Canopy Bronze Lamp are my favorite. If you threw some colorful home goods lamps in the mix I would have said those. I can always find unique lamps there for $29.99. That is of course if you have Home Goods in your town.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails