Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

We are having a little get together this weekend. Just some friends for some food and fun. Oh yeah, we can have this little gathering because there are no more moving boxes in my house!! Totally psyched! I am looking forward to having them over and I have been looking for a few more ideas to gussy up the place before they come over.

While flipping thru some catalogs the other day, I started looking for easy fallish ideas that I could replicate easily and quickly. The thing about me is, since I work full time, I typically do most of my projects over the weekend. But this weekend I spent all my time finishing up the unpacking and cleaning. So if I was going to do anything before this weekend - it was going to have to be quick. I have always admired this burlap wrapped vase from Ballard.

And since I have just spent the last two weekends sorting through all my stuff - I knew I had a vase just that size.  And some leftover burlap.  So I cut out a piece and "hemmed" the edges with a little stitch witchery. 

Then I just wrapped it around the vase and put a small bead of hot glue down the back.  Voila!

So there you go - a quick revamp that took about 15 minutes total to whip up and didn't cost me a dime!  Do you have these same supplies sitting at your house?   When is the last time you looked at a catalog and thought - I could make that?  I wanna know!


Linking this to

11 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ October 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I would so do that!! thanks for the idea

Savannah Granny said... @ October 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Great idea! Just in time for the fall flowers. I don't see how you do it. Hugs, Ginger

Karen said... @ October 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I love it when I can "steal" an idea and make it myself-even more when it's quick and affordable like this.

fafner said... @ October 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I don't think I have burlap or a vase laying around. I do have tons of fancy craft papers from my greeting card making days. I wonder if those would look good to spruce up a mason jar...

At any rate, I love what you're able to make for so cheap! I'm going to take a serious look at what I have right now.

Niki Jolene said... @ October 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Wow, I love it! It looks great and makes me think I could pull it off too since there is no real sewing involved. A seamstress, I am not! LOL

Hattie said... @ October 14, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Love it! The simple ideas always have the most impact... I need to scout the dollar store for a vase to use :-)

Unknown said... @ October 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM

What a great project. I have lots of burlap that I could use for this. :)

Anonymous said... @ October 15, 2010 at 7:02 AM

I have seen that in the catalog. I want to do it too!

KimMalk said... @ October 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM

This is so cute and so easy. I'm sure your friends will be impressed.

Anne said... @ October 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

That looks great! I have a vase about that size, and I bet I could get a cheap burlap remnant. Oh, and I'm totally with you on working full time and only having time to craft on weekends. Sometimes a great idea hits me on a Wednesday and I wish I could just stay home and craft!

Oh, My Darling said... @ October 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Looove the burlap aesthetic!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails