Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Wow - can anyone else believe we are already thru September??? It feels like it was just New Years! Well I guess time flies when you are having fun or just too busy to notice! Here is my recap of what happened at the blog this month and my favorites from around the web!

September Happenings
For starters - this month was our four year anniversary.  It has been one heck of a ride - but I love that I have gotten to spend it with my best friend!

And even better news!  We are finally out of "the situation" and have sold our home!!  No more paying a mortgage and rent!  Whoohoo!

DIY and Crafty Goodness
Ah - you guys know how much I love a good can of spray paint.  So spray painting silk leaves to make an awesome fall wreath was pretty much the highlight of my month!  Thanks again to all the folks who featured it! 



Thrifty Revamps
I was blessed to find a set of six of these frames - it was a deja vu thrifting miracle!  I spray painted them ORB and turned them into a botanical print set.  All for just $6!

Decorating Around the House
Now that we have sold the house, I have gotten back all my good "staging" furniture!  I showed you guys my new dining area - it makes this place feel like it is really home now!


Inspiration Ideas 
I started us out this month with how fall makes me feel cozy and some pictures of what is cozy for me in decorating.  Hands down - you guys loved this shot from Sarah's House.  Check out the rest of the post for some other great cozy feeling rooms!

Sarahs Houses Photos - Sarahs House: Season 3 | Facebook


I also shared some ideas for organized entries.  The number one idea that most people wanted to steal for their entry was this one. 

Pottery Barn eclectic entry


Tips and Tricks 
I am ever so slightly obsessed with skeleton keys right now.  So I shared with you guys four great ideas on how to us skeleton keys in your home.  I still love this collection of door photos with skeleton keys that Julie @ Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss did.

From All Around the Web
Loved these super spooky skull plates done by Carol @ The Answer is Chocolate.  Amazing use of Mod Podge and Silver Leaf! 

How about this mailbox redo by Cara @ Live the Home Life?  So adorable!

Next up - how about this beautiful Ballard print knockoff by Sherry @ No Minimalist Here?  Fantastically beautiful. 

Or this Laundry Print by Maryann @ Domestically Speaking.  You have to check this out - she shows you how to print on burlap!  Amazing!

Finally I loved these great drapes by Amanda @ The Hand Me Down House.  She hand painted stencils on sheets!  Brilliant!  I want to do this for our master!

Well, that's it for this month!  I think September was fantastic but October should be good too - can't wait to show you guys some of the projects in my head!  I have a router project (lil woodworking), some more fall touches around our home, and a super spooky and blingy Halloween Wreath!  (It glitters - you guys are going to love it!!) 

What was your favorite post of the month??  Yours or another blogger's - it doesn't matter - share it in the comments or feel free to post it on my Facebook page.  I know we would all love to see it!

12 frugal friends said ...

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said... @ September 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Hi Jess, Congrats on your anniversary and selling your home. What a relief huh? Thanks so much for featuring my Ballard knock-off. I really appreciate it.

I hope you will visit and enter my giveaway.
Hugs, Sherry

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said... @ September 30, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the feature & congrats on selling your home... always a great thing in the current market.

Karen said... @ October 1, 2010 at 6:53 AM

It's been some month for you! I hadn't seen the post about printing on burlap, what a great idea.

Unknown said... @ October 1, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I guess their is just no way to pick just one thing because everyone is so very, very creative. My mind just sometimes swims with all of the ideas. I definitely love the entry way picture and it gives me several great ideas.

Cara @ Live the Home Life said... @ October 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Happy Anniversary my dear! Thanks for featuring my mailbox. You and your blog are the greatest!

Cara

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ October 1, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Congrats on selling your home!!!!! Remember to keep all that lovely paperwork for your taxes. :)
Great review of posts and links to projecst.

Erin said... @ October 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Hey Jess, thanks for commenting on the kids! You always have nice things to say, and when I see your name, I smile and say "Jess" :) My favorite post of the month is probably from Freckled Laundry, probably because I won Jami's giveaway, probably the wrong reason, but I actually won something. Happy Anniversary lady, you look beautiful in your wedding dress:)

Rachel Cotterill said... @ October 2, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Great recap :) Happy anniversary - and I can't believe it's October, either!

Entertaining Women said... @ October 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Jess, you are such a winner! You've taken a hard "situation," and you've chosen to act, not react; you've looked forward instead of becoming stuck just focusing on your "situation." You've been married 4 years; congratulations! I've been married 42 years and I believe that the resolve that you have shown...that take a lemon and make lemonade attitude...will serve you well, and you will find yourself celebrating many more years of anniversaries, too. We've never really met, and I all ready like you alot! I've been through similar "situations;" so many of us have...like I said at the beginning...you're such a winner! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Cherry Kay

Karena said... @ October 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Wonderful links Jess, thanks so much for sharing with us!!

Karena
Art by Karena

julia said... @ September 19, 2022 at 5:28 AM

These pictures on this blog are very effective for us. This blog is really interesting. Thanks for sharing your information with us. Now it's time to avail shutters in birmingham for more information.

Angelina said... @ November 3, 2022 at 7:11 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails