In my mind you need to have a couple things to have an organized entry
1. A place to store the little things (hats, mittens, etc.)
2. A place for shoes
3. A place to sit down and take off those shoes
4. A place to hang coats and umbrellas
5. A trash can for junk mail and a place to put every thing else
6. A mirror (hey your entryway is also an exitway - you need to look good when your leaving the house)
7. A place to leave messages or reminders
Now my mind goes straight to built ins when thinking about organized entries. This is a great one. The built in bench has drawers! Love it.
Be still my heart - I love this bench! The paint, the moulding ... everything is perfect.
Simple, efficient, and clean. Ah - don't you feel organized just looking at this.
Love this one - it has just about everything in my check list! The chalkboard is a perfect addition!
This one just goes to show that you can keep your style and still be organized. I adore the shabby chic look of this entryway. It isn't modern or contemporary at all but your still organized!
Even if you don't have a whole lot of space, you can still create organizational areas. Think about grabbing a single cabinet that you could wall mount like this from Restore or Craig's List. Love it!