Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Hey guys! Miss me? We have been traveling all over the US.  I have been without internet for a couple of days now so I feel like I have been so out of touch! I will have to post some of our travels this past week to Denver and Portland. We start back traveling again next week so I will be a little behind on emails and such! But I promise I will get back to you soon!

But for now - I wanna run back through some of my favorite posts from August! It has been a fun month and I want to highlight the best parts for you! So here we go!
 
DIY and Crafty Goodness
For starters, I had a great time working on my craft station a little more.  One of my projects was refinishing this old spice rack into adorable bead storage.

I also showed you guys how a little paint and some Rub n Buff turned these Vegas style wall panels into some classier looking pieces!  

Decorating Around the House
I got one more thing checked off my to do list for the living room with this redo of a great lamp!  I am also now officially obsessed with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint!

I also shared with you guys how I was finally able to remove paint from brick and exorcise the "ghost child hand" by our front door!  (Just in case you are wondering - it hasn't come back!  Whew!)

Inspiration Ideas
After I posted my own dilemma about if art should be centered on a wall or behind a sofa, we all got involved with the discussion!  Check out some of the comments on the original post.  I think the majority of us decided that centered behind the couch was the best call! 

Turnberry -piano modern entry


I also shared some great front door decorating ideas for fall!  I seriously cannot wait for it to get a little cooler!  I think a lot of you loved this pic the most! 
Photo via myhomeideas

Tips and Tricks
This month I also featured Nine Things to Use Chalkboard Spray Paint On and found some fantastic examples across blogland to share with you guys!  My personal favorite from the whole group was the idea to make a chalkboard on the back of a medicine cabinet mirror by Jamie @ Red Roof Blue Door!  Love it!

I also did a post on my Garage Sale Planning Tips!  Super excited for the one we are going to have at the end of the month.  Plus - you guys came through with some great tips of your own!  Make sure you give the comments a read through for some other great ideas!
Photo by Allan Chatto

From All Around the Web
Kim from Cheap Chic Home did this fantastic leaning mirror!  Swoon!  I love these!  

Colleen @ Mural Maker & More shared these great mini canvases on my Facebook Page!  I just love the colors in these - so pretty!  Thanks for sharing Colleen!

And I loved this eye chart art from Barbara @ hodge:podge!  So funky and I love the message she used.  

So that's it for me!  What about you guys?  Have a favorite project of the month - yours or others?  Link it up in the comments or hop over and post the link on my Facebook page!  You never know who will get featured around here! 

5 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ September 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

You've had a very busy August! Some great posts and links. It's nice to have you back. You certainly were missed, and I hope that you enjoyed your traveling!

Kim@Chattafabulous said... @ September 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Love these posts! Now I know where to find it all!

Joyti said... @ September 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Great job on those mirrors...and vanquishing the creepy child hand!

Karen said... @ September 2, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I missed the one about fall decorating, heading there now.

Barbara Matson said... @ September 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Thanks for the feature!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails