Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

If you are lucky enough to have a proper entryway, where you can have a little something set up to catch keys, check your hair, and put stuff – well then I envy you.  Our floor plan has the main door to the house opening straight into the living room.  I have been trying to figure out if I could actually fit some entryway stuff in the space that is simply not there and I have decided I will have to go with out.  (So sad!)

But in the meantime – I found some fantastic entryway photos that I think you guys will love and might inspire you if you have the space!  If you don’t, please accept my sincere apologies for torturing you with some lovely images! 

Isn't this great! The oversized mirror and the flowers are perfect. And I love how narrow that table is - just perfect for the space!

Lake House eclectic entry

As someone who is perpetually late - having a clock by the door would probably be a good idea for me! And to me - they get bonus points for a piece with storage (love the drawers) and a trunk to catch the "big" stuff.

2001 showcase traditional entry

Not sure what there is not to like in this one. Beautiful runner, amazing light fixture, lovely bench, and that zebra cushion is just the exclamation point to pull it all together!

Entry contemporary entry

More great fixtures and I love the suitcases! Such a cute vintage space all done by Tara @ The Cinnamon Post.

the cinnamon post eclectic entry

A perfect little entryway vignette from Chris @ Just a Girl. I love the birdcage!

Just a Girl traditional entry

Love the bright pops of color here from the art and the topiary! And that sisal rug looks fantastic against that dark wood!  Does this remind anyone else of a Ballard catalog picture!

Art as Pop traditional entry

See it is spaces like this that make me wonder if I really could do modern decor. How beautiful is that mirror! And I love the little stool! I swear to you all we are doing gray walls in my next house.

Entry contemporary entry

How cute is this? Love the leaning pictures over the little trunk! Just so cute!

Front Entry Hall eclectic entry

This space feels so crisp and I love the hooks off the trim work! That and the buffet is gorg!  This lovely room was done by Holly @ Life in the Fun Lane.

Life in the Fun Lane Blog eclectic entry

Be still my heart! Isn't this just amazing. Talk about making a statement when you walk through the front door!

Foyer eclectic entry

And to leave you with a spring like feeling - how about this pop of color! So cheerful!

Hammett Entry eclectic entry

I hope you were as inspired as me! But now I must know, do you have a proper entryway (where you have space for such loveliness) or does your front door abruptly pour people out right into your home? I wanna know!

And if you are in need of figuring out just how to decorate your entryway – be sure to check out my sponsor InCircle Interiors!  They are offering Frugal with a Flourish readers 50% off Color Consultations and 20% off all other services

13 frugal friends said ...

Telia said... @ March 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I love that one with the yellow pops of art! I think I am obsessed with white interiors too!

Telia, NewlyWedWifeLide

Kim @ Too Much Time said... @ March 12, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I have a teeny tiny "entryway." I am like you, I wish I could arrange a beautiful table with helpful accessories and such. The second to last image with all of those beutiful frames makes me drool. One day!

Mostly Food and Crafts said... @ March 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Im your newest follower - Im outside Nashville too in Hendersonville.

Danielle

Stephanie said... @ March 12, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I do not have an entryway either so I feel the pain! Love all these entries!

Jennifer said... @ March 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM

As beautiful as these entries are, I think I would be more inspired by pictures of tiny ones. I have no entry to speak of, except for the tiny 5x5 square of vinyl by my front door (which opens into the living room).
So instead of focusing on what I don't have, I'd love to see what you've done with what you DO have. :)

Unknown said... @ March 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM

ahh thank you SO much for promoting my onesies!!!!!! I squeeled when I read your message!! You made my day! Thanks :)

Ritkiss said... @ March 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I have a teensy tiny "entryway" if you can call it that. I do have a closet there, so I do think that is a plus. At least our coats can be hung up at the end of the day :)

Beth said... @ March 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM

We have the same problem. Our front door opens directly into the LR. We separated it visually with tile in the entry and a very cozy carpet in the LR. It makes it feel like its own little space. But, I too would LOVE a real entry.

Jessica Jones ATL Mom Guide said... @ March 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I really want a mud room! we recently bought a sofa table to put by the front door (which opens into our living room) and it has been really helpful!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ March 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Loved your inspiring pictures! In the "Ballard" entry, is that a Mercury glass style light fixture? It is very cool. Our entry is almost square... yet, we only have room for a tiny corner table... One "wall" is the double entry doors; 2 other walls are actually large entrys into other room; and the 4th wall is a double doored closet, and stairs heading up! I just concentrate on our corner. The beautiful sky-light make up a a lot. On, and if I set up anything too nice.... a soccer ball just ends up hitting it!

Anonymous said... @ March 13, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I am in the same situation that you are - our front door opens into our living room. Argh! So frustrating. But I am in the process of trying to figure out how to make a proper entryway that won't clutter the space or look odd. It has to be possible. It has to be.

Chris said... @ March 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I don't know why, but I have an obsession with entryways/mudrooms. There's just something about them! Imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of mine. Thank you for including me. You included some beautiful inspiration!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said... @ March 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Oh, we have this teeny little spot by the door widthwise. And, it's right next to a bedroom door, so we don't have very much space depthwise.

It's a constant struggle.
One of these days I'll find the right combination of table/shelves that will make it work.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails