Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

A good windsor chair is something that makes me take pause when flipping through home decor magazines or browsing websites.  Something about the classic construction really calls to me – though I tend to find a lot of the rooms I find them in a little too country for my tastes.  (I like a lil country but this girl likes a mix of traditional, contemporary and modern in there too.) 

So - I thought I would share with you guys a little collection of windsor chairs that I love to see if you think they are all country or not!

Seriously – don’t you just love this room!  The baby blue chairs here are so whimsical!  How adorable! 
color combos - blue

Love this kitchen bar – the lights and the chairs could go country in a heartbeat but the marble counters and subway tile backsplash add just enough traditional flair to suit me!

Photo via House Beautiful

Something about those long display shelves is just very contemporary – even while a lot of the accessories are a little bit country! 

Mt. Shadows traditional dining room

I know it isn't the holiday season any more - but I love the idea of embellishing a simple chair with a little something! Just makes it so festive!

Winter Tablescape traditional dining room

This dining area is totally modern - but the windsor chairs add a real accessible homey feel!

Harris Dining modern dining room

More painted chairs! Again very contemporary but it just feels so cozy. That is why I love windsors!

Weyand Residence contemporary dining room

I couldn’t resist throwing in another kitchen – similar to the first one but again the chairs just pop with all that white!  So crisp!

Photo via House Beautiful

So there you go!  Wonderful windors!  See any you like?  Do you think they always look a lil country – or do you think they can be somewhat modern and contemporary too?  I wanna know!

9 frugal friends said ...

Teri said... @ March 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

The blue Windsors are to die for!!!! Really, I need a pop of blue like that around my house!!! Wonderful photos! I am a total chair fanatic, my family said I need therapy!

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said... @ March 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM

I saw some sweet Windsor chairs painted bright red in this month's issue of Country Living...they looked very modern! (I think they were from Ikea and then painted.)

Unknown said... @ March 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I love those blue ones! (go figure, eh?)

Windsor chairs are so traditional I'm not sure they'll ever really go out of style. The black ones seem a little more modern to me.

fafner said... @ March 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I think I like the painted ones the best. I have such a soft spot for painted furniture in general, and the Windsor chairs look so cute!

Foundinthe-ALI said... @ March 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for stopping my by blog!

I love all of these dining rooms. I wish mine looked that good. mine turns into a "craft table/paper collector" :P


Ali

foundintheali.blogspot.com

Unknown said... @ March 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I have been wondering about painting my chairs all one color and now I am convinced that they will look just fine. Thanks for the photos and inspiration.

emily @ the happy home said... @ March 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM

that first photo is stunning! i'd love to have that in my house. my mom has windsor chairs everywhere-- it fits for a house built in 1797 in Connecticut! i have a few, too, but they stick out funny in a 1950s California beach house. mine are going to be painted to lighten things up a bit!

Rachel Cotterill said... @ March 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I think they look pretty modern in that first pic, especially. I live in an 1880 stone cottage so we're trying to have a reasonably old-style house.

Shawna Bates said... @ March 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM

ahh dreamy rooms!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails