Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

So if you followed my first post in this little feature segment, you will know that often times I hear the, “I have this great [insert piece of furniture], but I [don’t like the rest of the room, don’t have anything else, can’t afford anything else, etc.]” So this feature is designed to create a showcase of affordable accessories and complementary pieces for a room/furniture example. See last week’s post here.

For this week, I know many people that have a mattress for a guest bedroom. Maybe you even have an old bedroom set that you have been hanging on to because it is decent furniture, but you hate it. On the other hand, perhaps you have recently upgraded your own mattress and now have this spare that you need to get all gussied up before your mom comes to stay again. Either way, guest bedrooms all need some specific things that you can add without spending a whole lot and have a very welcoming space.

I have created this showcase with a great neutral white bed frame from Ikea with a matching nightstand. I paired it with a great vanity set from Home Decorators Outlet. I finished off the set with a clearance light from Target and a relaxing blue comforter from Overstock.com. I would paint this room with a either a light warm beige or a cool soothing grey. (But I would wait to get the comforter so I could match the color just right!) All in all, this guest room set up would run you just under $500.  Happy Shopping! 


5 frugal friends said ...

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said... @ October 31, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Pretty bedroom! I love IKEA!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said... @ February 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Тhis ԁesіgn is wicked! You obvіously know hoω to keep a геader аmused.
Between your wit and youг ѵіdeos, I ωаs almоѕt
movеd to stагt mу own blog (wеll, аlmost.
..HаНа!) Fantastic job.
ӏ rеallу enjοyеd ωhat you haԁ to say, anԁ moге than that,
hоω уou presenteԁ it. Tоο coοl!



Ϻy page ... chatroulett

Anonymous said... @ May 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM

What's up, just wanted to tell you, I loved this post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

Feel free to visit my site :: what are hemorrhoids

Anonymous said... @ June 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Thiѕ teхt is invaluаble. How can I find οut moге?


My blοg: hemroids-piles.com

Anonymous said... @ June 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM

My fаmіly mеmbеrs eveгy
time say thаt I am ωasting my time here at wеb,
excеpt I know ӏ am getting fаmіliarity ԁaily by reаԁing such fastidiоuѕ
articles.

Ϲheck out my blog :: hemroids

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails