Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

One of the conversations I seem to always have with my girlfriends, co-workers, even my mom is one that goes a little like this … “well, I really love the [insert name of major piece of furniture] that I already have, but the rest of my stuff is [choose adjective: dated, old, dirty, not my style].”

Therefore, what I have decided to do is a regular feature where I create a showcase of affordable accessories and complementary pieces for a room/furniture example.

For this week, I know a lot of people that have a good neutral Living Room Seating set, but my not like the coordinating furniture they have in place around it. On the other hand, you could be like a lot of us getting started and have no coordinating furniture, but only those great beanbag chairs from your dorm room. Either way the standard couch and chair or couch and loveseat combo set will rarely provide you all of the seating space you need when you have people over.

I have created this showcase with a cute accent chair, a coordinating rug that should pull in any colors you already have in your current set, a hot leather coffee table and some coppery accents. This whole set is from Home Decorators Outlet. Your shopping list includes:

Leather Cocktail Table - $114.99 (was $329)
Area Run (5’3” x 8’3”) - $109.99 (was $399)
Accent Chair - $94.99 (was $269)
Lowboy - $184.99 (was $269)
Six Light Chandeliers - $99.99 (was $269)
Two 18” square framed prints - $19.99 each (were $109 each)


This set would have run over $1700 at retail. At the outlet, you can get it all for a little under $700!

Happy Shopping Saturday!!

3 frugal friends said ...

Unknown said... @ October 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Oh I love that setup!! The chandelier and chair are fabulous!! Stopping by From SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

Unknown said... @ October 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Great frugal tips! Love it. Stop by if you get a chance. http://muralmaker1.blogspot.com

Karen said... @ October 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I love the lighting your chose.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails