Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I had so much fun making the chalkboard option from my mirror project that it got me thinking about using chalkboards in design. I poked around out there and found this beautiful collection of inspirational pics and ideas! Enjoy!

For starters - this cool custom tinted chalkboard calendar from Martha Stewart is brilliant and beautiful.  Check out the tutorial on how to make this.

Love this gigantic chalkboard for this kitchen.  Makes it feel like a diner!
Photo via House Beautiful

Here is another great kitchen idea - putting chalkboard doors on a pantry!
Photo via House Beautiful

Love this one in a craft room!  Perfect place for jotting notes.
Photo via Southern Living
 
Love this leaning chalkboard in the Kitchen from Jennifer at The Old Painted Cottage





The Old Painted Cottage traditional dining room


A full wall feature works great in a playroom don't you think?






|| C O B U R N - A R C H I T E C T U R E || contemporary kids


But my favorite picture out of all of these is this! Ooooh - I almost squealed when I saw it. Isn't this beautiful? I love the idea of using this as part of a picture molding!





Faiella Design by Anastasia Faiella eclectic dining room


So I have to know - which one was your favorite? Do you have a chalkboard in your home? 

UPDATE:  I totally didn't check out any of my favorite peeps latest posts before writing this but Beth over at A to Z is having a Chalkboard Paint Party next Thursday 7/29.  I know you have all kinds of ideas - so mark your calendars and link it up!


Linking this up to the Inspired By Party with Melissa @ The Inspired Room - head on over and get Inspired! 

14 frugal friends said ...

Christybernadet said... @ July 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM

I'm squealing with you - the last one is great!

No Longer 25 said... @ July 23, 2010 at 6:59 AM

I love that first one - the calendar idea. We could really use that!

Kim@Chattafabulous said... @ July 23, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I so badly want to do this! (I have one already in my mind...)

Erin @ Frundy said... @ July 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I love these! Especially the one in the cabinet doors. That's a great idea!

Nicole said... @ July 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM

My favs would have to be the kitchen one and the pantry doors. I love chalk boards and unfortunately the only one I've manage to put in my home is a 5x7 (picture size) one. I'm so hoping to one day have a nice big one that also lends it's self as a decoration.

Unknown said... @ July 23, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I love the leaning one and I DO have one in my kitchen and it's HUGE! You can see it here: http://alliemilliedesigns.blogspot.com/2009/02/chalk-board-and-robins.html

Thanks for all the inspiration! I think I'll have to go chalkboard-up something else!

Christine said... @ July 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I just painted the inside of my pantry doors, and I love the way they came out. All of the applications in these rooms worked well.
This is the link if you want to look :)

http://christineandco.blogspot.com/2010/07/most-popular-place.html

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ July 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM

A reader just told me about your post! Not sure if you were inspired by mine or if great minds think alike :). I'd love it if you spread the word about the upcoming chalkboard paint party next Thursday! It should be fun :).

Adrienne said... @ July 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I love the gigantic chalkboard in the kitchen. I've had an obsession with chalkboards since I first spied them in Blogland a couple of years back and finally got around to making one a few months back. Of coarse it's still not hung up, but it's been great for posting menu's and the occasional love note:)

Elizabeth said... @ July 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Love chalkboards...don't have any at home, except the little one I made...BUT...shhh..don't tell anyone ..I am going to be putting some chalkboard in the playroom soon! *so excited* Not a full wall, but I am betting it's going to be a wonderful feature!

Stacy @Delighting in the Days said... @ July 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Hi
I forgot how much I loved chalkboards until I saw these pictures! I love the look of the leaning chalkboard and think the full wall one would be so much fun for the kids. We have one like that at church in the kids classroom. It is very handy.

I have often thought about doing something like the the last one (all the way around the room) with corkboard so I could show off the kids art work.

I'm visiting from SITSgirls 31DBBB. Glad to have found my way to your blog. I like it :)

Beth said... @ July 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Thanks lady :).

citymouse said... @ July 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM

How fun! I really like the kitchen and home office chalk boards. I wish I had that much wall space to devote to one.

Jenn Erickson said... @ July 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I think the last one is my very favorite. I have a few chalkboards around the house. Upstairs in my daughters' hallway I have a giagantic schoolroom blackboard that I refurbished. I used a white paint pen to create a permanent calendar grid (it looks like chalk). The girls love having their own calendar and having the rest of the space to be creative.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails