Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

So if you remember - last week my to do list after finishing the pillows for the living room looked a little like this.

Those of you who have been following for awhile know that I have been complaining about the coffee table there for oh, I think about three or four months.  And I have been waffling back and forth - do I want to refinish it?  Do I paint it or stain it?  I did go and figure out what my cost would be to redo it.  And with supplies and everything - it was going to be around $40ish bucks to stain it.  Which is not bad, but I told myself that if I could find something else that I liked better for $50-$70 bucks (I figure my labor for a weekend is worth at least $20) that I would just replace it.

Cause here is the thing, I don't just dislike the color.  I don't like the legs. I would love for it to have a shelf underneath for storage.  And I have been a little afraid that I would go - put all the work into it and decide that I still don't like it. 

So with all that in mind - I thought I would look to see if anything at Ikea would stand out for me.  And there - in the middle of the coffee table section was the perfect table.  And it was on sale - marked down from $119 to $89.  Which is still $20 over my budget, but a good deal.

Hmmm.... so I thought about it.  Sent the hubby a picture.  Debated back and forth.  And the final decision was ....

New coffee table!  I love it!  It is WAY more my style and I love the cubbies for storage.  (My male cat also thinks any time I whip out my camera that we are having a photo shoot!  Everyone say hello to Puck!) 

So now the to do list looks a little like this...you might think there would only be three things on it.  But we are still at four.

It really does never end does it! 

Linking this up to the Before and After Party with Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick!

8 frugal friends said ...

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I love the coffee table!! And the basket in the cubby matches the basket that's being used as the end table thingy! This is coming along so well!!! Puck is so cute! My dog is a lot like me, NOT photogenic! You're lucky :)
Have a beautiful holiday weekend!

Elizabeth said... @ July 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I love that table from IKEA, and have been lusting after it from afar for YEARS. lol Maybe I should get it, when I now need a coffee table. :)

Looks great, Jess. :)

Gretchen said... @ July 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I would love to see the options you come up with for replacing the blinds. I have the same ones on the sliding glass door out to my patio. I need something there so I don't have everyone looking in, but I CAN'T STAND the blinds.

And your coffee table it gorgeous!

Kim@Chattafabulous said... @ July 5, 2010 at 8:01 AM

You're right. And when you do think you're done you'll want to change something else! Fun seeing your progress!

Lisa at Paint in my Hair said... @ July 7, 2010 at 7:52 AM

love it!

Unknown said... @ July 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Ha! I have yet to replace my blinds too. Its so expensive though!

Steph said... @ July 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Looks great, can't wait to see more.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said... @ July 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Oooh, I LOVE your new coffee table! SO cute - and functional!! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails