Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I have a random assortment of finds to share with you guys today.  First, I realized that I never did share what my remaining fun purchases were from my Ikea trip.

For starters, I got these two frames for $9.99 a piece.  They are discontinuing this style so they were marked way down.  I think this will be perfect for my collection of family photos that I am working on for the hallway.

Next, I have been in love with the storage boxes that Ikea has for awhile - and I stocked up!  I got these magazine boxes for $2.99 for a 2-pack.

And I got these taller boxes - love for $7.99 for a 2-pack.  They can be used for hanging file boxes.

And I picked up four of these DVD boxes.  $4.99 for a two pack.  And I love how everything Ikea has is flat packed.  Those two little boxes came in that one little package! 

Next, for this weekend I think we have reached that point in summer when it is almost TOO hot to go to yard sales.  Almost - I did stop at a couple this weekend but the offerings were slim so instead - I hit up a place with great deals and AC.  The Goodwill.

I was looking for something specific - which is normally not a great way to go into Goodwill.  I needed a 16x20 frame.  And I wasn't sure if I would find what I needed.  But low and behold - for $4.99 - I found this frame with glass and two mats inside!  Now that is a deal!  Wanna see what I used it for? Check out my poster into painting project!


Now are you still hitting up the yard sales or is it just too hot?? 


Linking this up to the Thrifty Treasures Party with Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality.  Head over and check out everyone finds!!

6 frugal friends said ...

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM

cute finds! I love Ikea!!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ July 12, 2010 at 6:37 AM

I need to go to Ikea! Everyone seems to find great things there! I have a hard time getting to garage sales but try to hit the thrift stores a lot!

Irene @ OurUglyHome said... @ July 12, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I love love love a yard sale. When I go, I try to go when they first start - 9 or 10 am - and before it gets too hot or crowded.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said... @ July 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Yes, I got some great vintage blue jars at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago!!! Love them!!

Unknown said... @ July 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Yay! It works. Obviously the four commenters before me figured it out - sorry!
Great finds, btw! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. :)

Rachel said... @ July 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Got to love IKEA! :D Thanks for the comment on my blog! I saw it and decided to check out your's :)

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails