Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

So we went home for 4th of July and stayed at the inlaws.  And I have to tell you guys - my MIL Lynn is an amazing DIY and craft expert.  I asked her if I could take some pics of her place and share them with you guys and she agreed.  Let me show you a little bit of her slice of paradise!

First - she is an amazing quilter.  She and her sister, Nancy, are a crafty duo that are always out finding new fabrics and patterns.  Nancy is responsible for those samplers up on the right.  They are headed up by their momma, Gail who is a crafty genius herself and a phenomenal woodworker!  (I totally married into the right family!)  One of the things I love about her house is that every little corner has something beautiful and interesting in it.  For example, don't you just love the quilt on the ladder?  That old window is going to go up somewhere too! 

I love the shutters on either side of the quilt here. The picture came out a little fuzzy but I still love it!

Here is another quilt that is hanging in her dining room.  Have I mentioned that she likes birds?  If not I am sure you will pick up on it! 

I love the way she has the fireplace decorated!  Isn't it fantastic?

Here is a closeup of the mantle!  I love the faux window and the grapevine accents.  And the birch wrapped candles are perfect!

Over on the other side of the fireplace she has this lovely little grouping above a sideboard I adore!  Isn't this cute with the antique game boards? 

I just love the idea of a "Gathering Room" - it just sounds like the place where you would find your family!

She has all kinds of beautiful details around the house - including this gorgeous sampler.  

Her craft room is like something out of my dreams!  It is so organized and it is functional! 

Here is another shot!  Look at all that neatly folded fabric!  I don't think she knows I took these pics but I know you guys will love em! 

Here is another fun little detail - I love the keys!

Now my favorite thing in the whole house is her master bed!  First, I love the his and hers crochet names!  But the headboard is my fav!  She took an old door and refinished it and then added these beautiful wood flourish details! 

Let's go a little closer shall we?  Isn't it gorgeous?  I love the black finish!

One more close up for the road!  Don't you love the sanded down details?  Ah it is perfect! 

So there you go!  A little home tour from me to you!  What do you think?  Anything that inspired you here?  Lemme know!


Linking this up to the Inspired By Party with Melissa @ The Inspired Room!  Go join the fun and find some more inspiration!

16 frugal friends said ...

Caren said... @ July 15, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I just LOVE the black headboard! Hmmmm, need to find something like that for my bedroom, too!

If you have a moment, please check out my new blog. I just launched it today! Many thanks!

http://lechictresor.blogspot.com/

Linda said... @ July 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Her quilts are beautiful! I haven't quilted in a couple of years, but I will always be a quilter in heart.
A SITS friend

Irene said... @ July 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM

I love those keys on the clock and my favorite - the window pane above the fireplace. Classic.

the cape on the corner said... @ July 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM

love those gameboards! i am going to display my beatles monopoly when we (ever) finish the basement!

Just this... Alice said... @ July 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM

This frugal friend has just got to know about the plastic bins with lids. Where did MIL find them as it looks like the perfect thing for fat quarter storage. Also, she is one crafty MIL. Love it all and wanted to see more. :)Favorite is the fireplace decor.

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM

oh my goodness! her house is incredible! I love the clock with the keys and the headboard is truly stunning!

Lisa said... @ July 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE the clock with the keys! How cute! She has a great decorating style!

elizabeth said... @ July 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Can't get the headboard out of my mimd...I keep coming back and looking at it! AMAZING!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said... @ July 16, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I love her fireplace and her craft room is so pretty! Thanks for the visit today. :)

jen @ homeinthecountry said... @ July 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Whoa! You totally married into the right family!! :) I think the board games are my favorite... but that headboard is a definite runner up!

Old Jail Artist said... @ July 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM

What a beautiful house! The headboard is sheer genius.

Melissa {adventuroo} said... @ July 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Neat idea to mount board games on the wall- love that!

Stopping by from SITS!

Jenn Erickson said... @ July 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM

What a wonderful decorating style! I love her use of "found objects" like the ladder, window frame, and fencing. Incredible quilts! Wish I had the time and sewing talent to take that hobby on! I have a collection of skeleton keys, so that clock really appealed to me as well! Stopping by from SITS! Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin said... @ July 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Beautiful! Especially the well organized craft room. It would be so much fun creating in that room.

Beth O'Donovan said... @ July 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Love the headboard!!

Lora said... @ August 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Really love the headboard! Mind sharing where the decorative pieces are from?

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails