Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Something about all of this oppressive heat makes me want to lighten up things around the house.  Especially my window treatments.  So here are eight great options to give you a some lighter weight alternatives that don't feel heavy or muggy!

Love the ice blue color here and they get bonus points for being energy efficient so your house doesn't heat up!
Eclipse Crinkle Energy Efficient Panel from Walmart.com - $24.88

I don't know if you can get any cooler feeling than some semi-sheer white panels. 
Sailcloth Window Panel Pair from Target.com - $15.99-19.99

Nothing says summer and tropical to me like bamboo shades.  These roman style ones are also super cute!
Rustique Bamboo Roman Shade from Overstock.com - $19.99

How about a great modern twist on the traditional sheer?  Love this pattern!

These classic roman shades are both crisp and cool!

Love these linen tab top curtains.  They make me think of tropical islands and cool breezes.  The detail is gorgeous. 
Beige Tab Top Curtain Panel Pair from Overstock.com - $24.99

Are these not gorgeous!  Love the print and the colors! 
Deanna Thermal Floral Pinch Pleat Panel from JCPenney.com - $34.99

Love the balloon pleats on this one!  So romantic and beach cottage perfect!
Embroidered Batiste Balloon Shade from Target.com - $24.99

So there you go!  So question for you - do you switch up your window treatments for warmer or cooler seasons?  Or do you stick with the same thing year round? 

11 frugal friends said ...

Nat said... @ July 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM

We have the Roman shades from JCP and we get compliments on them all. the. time. Great price, too!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said... @ July 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Love all those options!! I adore bamboo shades. I had them all over my old house and i can't wait to add some here too!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... @ July 15, 2010 at 6:42 AM

I don't change out window treatments, but I do change pillows and remove or add back throws. Thanks so much for coming by. I noticed you live where my son and daughter in law and grands live.

Lisa said... @ July 15, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Great day for this post because I am attempting my FIRST EVER window treatments today! I have never touched my windows in my life and I'm finally ready to start decorating them. Now that you mentioned changing for different seasons, that freaks me out! I'm just happy to finally add some curtains and get rid of the old home owner's 80's crap. I love light coming in, so I'm going to do a semi-sheer tab top with a creative little twist. Hoping that twist works! I'll see later today!

Terri Smith said... @ July 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hi Jess! Just last week I started feeling the same way. I've ordered a lovely red-checked fabric (couldn't find what I wanted at the local fabric store)and plan on making a balloon treatment for my kitchen window. Got the pattern years ago out of a Laura Ashley decorating book. Wish me luck!

Sarah said... @ July 15, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I love the look of the bamboo shades, but I prefer them in the lighter colors. I do have to say they are a pain to clean, even with a vaccuum.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said... @ July 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

My treatments stay the same year round...unless I get bored and want to permanently switch them. ;) Love bamboo roman shades!! Thanks for the visit today! :)

Karen said... @ July 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I really like the grommet panels from, of all places, JCP! They just scream summer.

Unknown said... @ July 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I haven't done a dang thing in my house :( I spend 3 days a week @ my mom's. I did switch her pillows & accessories out to a light turquoise from brick red. Just that made a cooler difference. Love the idea of using window tx's though! Will have to think on this for next summer - maybe I can snatch some panels on sale!

Winfred Eibach said... @ February 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Experimenting with different kinds of fabric and patterns helps when you are trying to decide which window treatments are better. The window treatments here are great choices. I personally like the bamboo shades because summer is almost here, and I want our place to look more tropical and have that summery vibe.

Unknown said... @ December 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Beat the heat with something light and cool. Sheer white and ice blue are the perfect colors for the summer. As for your question, I love changing window treatments along with the changing of the season. They gave a house a new atmosphere, and that’s something I look forward to. Roxie @ WindowTreatmentsPhiladelphia.com

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails