Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I have wanted to participate in the Mantel/Vignette Party with Beth @ From A to Z for quite some time.  But when we were in the tiny apartment we had no room for any vignettes and there was no mantel so I was stuck on the sidelines.  Here at the new place, we still have no mantel but there is a lot more space!  It did take me some time but I finally got enough treasures together to create a little vignette of my own.  So I give you my TV Stand Vingnette! 


I've done all white accessories to pop against the dark wood and provide some visual contrast.  Everything is somewhat see through too!  I think that helps it feel lighter as well.


Now these two guys I know you have seen before - the bird was a Heirloom White transformation and the cute wire basket back there was a yard sale find.  Come to think of it - so were the grapevine balls


On the other side we have two ginger jars (I am obsessed with ginger jars) and a nice big candle! 


So there you go - that is my TV Stand Vignette!  So here is my question - do you decorate around the TV or is that considered too distracting?  Oh and head over to Beth's and check out all the other great Mantel/Vignette ideas!  

12 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ July 22, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Yes, I decorate around the monster! It is pleasant for ME to look at, lol! I would love to have a mantle too...with the TV over it...so hubby could watch TV and I could gaze at a crackling fire....heaven! I love what you've done...it is well placed and beautiful! A really nice TV area!

the cape on the corner said... @ July 22, 2010 at 8:39 AM

love those white ginger jars, i think you did a really great job in this space. i decorate around my tv, too, but i am never sure if it's really working!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ July 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I really like the way you have accessorized with the white! Those jars are all the rage now! I may have to find me some!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ July 22, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I love it when peeps show how you can decorate around a tv! You've done a great job. Your little birdy is adorable :). Thanks for joining the party!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said... @ July 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM

very nice!

And I totally decorate around our tv. We have a 47" and our stand is two levels so it is higher and my accessories are lower so it definitely doesn't distract.

Erin said... @ July 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM

How funny, we have an almost identical tv stand and tv! We took the doors off(there were two,and drawers in the center) so that we can display items on the shelves. If you consider the surround sound and wii decorative items, then yes we decorate around it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... @ July 22, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Love your all white vignette. So pretty. I really like that each piece has some kind of pierced design and looks light and airy. Perfect for the tv stand. Hugs, Marty

Elizabeth said... @ July 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I love what you've done! Love all the white accents in there. :) No, we don't decorate around the TV simply because right now we don't have a TV stand (it's just a coffee table) and it's not large enough - AND - a 10 month old that is cruising all the time, and that's just another place that's high enough for him to reach. Already had one broken thing this week. :(

Amanda @ Serenity Now said... @ July 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Okay, I love that birdie!!! ;) Thanks for the visit. :)

Cheryl Elsbree Interior Design said... @ July 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Looks nice and clean. It is best not to have a lot of clutter around the TV. Thanks for sharing!

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM

beautiful!!!!! This turned out great!

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said... @ July 23, 2010 at 9:32 AM

have you seen the post on frosted glass doors? I bet that would look incredible there!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails