Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Thanksgiving makes me think of Turkeys.  Turkeys make me think of feathers.  And thinking of feathers got me thinking about how you can incorporate them in your decor.  So I did a little searching and came up with some inspiration for you!  Hope you enjoy!

Using a couple of feathers in a jar on a mantel is a creates a rustic look.

Photo via House Beautiful

Love the feather covered lamp shade here – keeps it traditional but not overly flashy.

 Photo via Better Homes and Gardens

Just a gathering of feathers in a bowl can make a beautiful natural display.

Photo via House Beautiful

This centerpiece is just stunning. Love it.
Alpine Dining traditional dining room

 

Using feathers to your dining chairs is another great way to add them in and create a striking presentation.

Photo via Better Homes and Gardens 

Of course – over the last couple of years – feathers have made a big impact in holiday decorating as well.  Here are some great ideas to accent your mantle, wreath or tablescape for the holidays.

Using a feather boa across a mantel creates a winter wonderland look with crystal and metallic accents.

Photo via Better Homes and Gardens 

Here is another great idea.  Stick some feathers in your holiday wreath for a festive look!

 Photo via Better Homes and Gardens

Love these feathered Christmas Trees in this tablescape design.  Certainly cheerful and bright!  

Frenchflair traditional dining room

So there you go - several great ideas on how to incorporate feathers into your decor. Which one was your favorite? Do you have another idea for how to use feathers?  Lemme know!

7 frugal friends said ...

Erin said... @ November 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM

The pheasant tail center piece is my fave..Course I love the room too! I have loved feathers on display since grandma had peacock feathers in a tall vase when I was a kid. I always say I'm going to get some, but I am more pheasant that peacock, wonder what that means??

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... @ November 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Gorgeous pictures. Love them all. The centerpiece is just stunning. Hugs, Marty

M.O.T.B said... @ November 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM

These all look great!!!!

fafner said... @ November 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I love the snow boa! I don't have a mantle...but surely I could find a way to recreate that.

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said... @ November 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I really love the snowy mantle and the wreath. Thanks for the lovely inspiration :o)

Pam Kessler said... @ November 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Great pictures. I love that feather centerpeice. I just threw some feathers in a tarnished old silver sugar urn the other day and sat it on my hallway table and it reminds me of the first photo.

Oh, My Darling said... @ November 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Ooh, I love the aesthetic of a well-placed feather! Peacock is my favorite.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails