Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Since Thanksgiving is fast approaching and other Holiday meals and gatherings are on the horizon – I thought it would be nice to share some ideas on setting a harvest table.  So here are some of the images I have found that inspired me!  Hope you enjoy!

This beautiful display uses hints of gold, red and amber to really make a stunning statement.

House Beautiful

Photo via House Beautiful

Love this gilded pear centerpiece from Martha – a lovely sparkly touch to your table.

Photo via Martha Stewart  

Create a candle “garden” using simple white pillars and seasonal gourds.

 Photo via Better Homes and Gardens

Make simple place cards out of natural card stock.

Photo via Southern Living  

Wrapping some simple bits of ribbon around napkins can create an amazing look – just slip in a sprig of berries and you are set.

Photo via Better Homes and Gardens 

To create different layers of height to your centerpiece – just use rounds of rough cut firewood to elevate candles and floral arrangements.

Photo via Southern Living

Make simple but beautiful centerpieces by adding corn and lentils around candles.  Natural and cheap!

Photo via Better Homes & Gardens 

I love this idea.  Use a piece of twine with individual words wrapped around it and weave it down the table. Simple but powerful!

Photo via Southern Living

And don’t forget to gussy up your hutch …

Photo via Better Homes & Gardens

And your chandi! 

Photo via Better Homes & Gardens

So there you go – tons of ideas to get you started on planning your own harvest table!  So tell me – are you hosting a dinner or party this year?  What is your favorite idea?  And if you want more ideas, hop over to my Facebook page!  I have some great collections of Thanksgiving crafts and an article on napkin folding you have to check out! 

 

9 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ November 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Beautiful and very romantic, I lake it!

Kisses and happy weekend.

Erin said... @ November 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I don't know that I am, what kind of statement is that? I might, it always comes down to last minute. I love them all, but my 2 faves are the corn/candle, and the chandi... I will gussy(girl, I haven't heard that word in ages!) up my hutch just for you(although it may be after Thanksgiving, lol)!

Unknown said... @ November 5, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Gorgeous ideas, Jess! Love the wood slices. And the corn! So simple, but so cool. I'm gonna miss my pomegranate tree this year since we moved. Most people wanted to eat them. I just wanted to Rub n Buff them!

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said... @ November 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

These are all so pretty. One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is definitely decorating and setting the table with my mom. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarah said... @ November 5, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Hey, Jess! Great inspiration! I loove the BHG one with the pumpkins and white candles, as well as the berry sprig napkin rings.

So glad you saw my post about Mood Board Monday. Sorry I'm a little later with it than I thought. Hopefully that Monday works for you. There is way less extra time with an infant than I thought:)

Jenni said... @ November 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM

These are wonderful Thanksgiving ideas here! My personal favorite is the twine with tags on it! (I simply cannot resist anything that includes twine!)

I wanted to let you know that we are having a giveaway over at Beautiful Nest, if you'd like to check it out! I hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Rachel Cotterill said... @ November 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I love all those ideas. Sadly, it'll be well into winter before we have another dinner party, because we're redecorating our house at the moment!

Unknown said... @ November 8, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I love the idea of putting the corn in the candle. Beautiful table setting.

Karen said... @ November 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I love those quick and simple ideas like making place cards out of cardstock and using ribbon you already own instead of napkin rings. There are so many ways to set a pretty table without spending money.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails