Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Ya’ll hold me … we have less than eight weeks until Christmas!!! (Eeek!)  There is not enough coffee in the world to make me feel like I can get it all done!   While I sit over here and breath into a paper bag – you guys enjoy my recap on what was awesome this past month at the blog! 

October Happenings

This month was my Blog-aversary!  I can’t believe it!  In a year there were 226 posts, over 74,000 visitors and over 136,000 page views!  I love you guys!  Thanks again for your support and encouragement!  Keep it coming! 

 

DIY & Crafty Goodness

I added a little more bling to the front door by creating some shimmery pumpkin topiaries.  I love em!

I also made this spooky wreath for Halloween!  Ooohh!  I loved the lil sparkly skulls!!   I will be taking it down this morning to but back out the shimmery fall collection though.  

Finally – I shared with you guys our stair turned into a shelf.  Super easy and it looks fantastic now up on the wall.  Of course its main purpose it to hold that new speaker – but I have claimed all the free space around it for myself!  Sooo ready for some Mantel Parties now!!

Thrifty Revamps

I shared with you guys a quick and easy way to update a vase, make a Ballard Knockoff, and create something with a little more “fall” texture in about 15 minutes!!   I love my new burlap wrapped vase!

 

Decorating Around the House

I also shared with you guys how this year, I didn’t just admire Fall Decor in magazines and online.  I did it myself!!  Head over and check out my tips for adding a little fall into your home without a lot of fuss and for very little money!

Also I showed you guys my new piece of art – centered behind my couch not on the wall!  If you missed that debate of if art should be centered on the wall or on the couch you should hop over and check it out too!

 

Inspiration Ideas

We have done a little debating this month on some decor trends and ideas.  How appropriate with all the political stuff going on out there!  First up on the ballot – Gray.  Is it moody and cold or can it be calming and warm?  I vote calming and warm!   My proof?  How can you not feel that way when you look at the picture below. 

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary family room

Next up for debate – velvet furniture.  Too delicate for everyday use or just fine and super durable?  Well there were a lot of doubters out there but velvet owners jumped in and defended their choice!  It sounds like the key though – according to Jan @ Bobbypins Boardwalk – is to make sure that your choice in fabric is water soluble!  Hop over and read all the comments on this one and put in your own two cents! 

Sarahs Houses Photos - Sarahs House: Season 3 | Facebook

Tips and Tricks

I shared with you guys 10 Ways to Use Mason Jars Around Your Home.  This has actually been the all time most popular post on Frugal with a Flourish!   If you haven’t already – hop over and check out the post for some great idea! 

Photo via Weeping Cherries

I also shared with you guys Seven Projects with Plates.  Even though we use plates every day we shouldn’t leave them out as a design option!  I think the favorite by far were these plates turned mirrors by Monica @ Craftynest – I just LOVE these!

From All Around the Web

Oh there were so many treasures this month – but here are my top four projects that I just loved. 

First, these Chalkboard Labels are just too cute.  Made from chalkboard spray paint and electrical outlet covers!  Julie @ Less than Perfect Life thought these up and she is my hero! 

Next Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating did a fantastic tutorial on how to do an upholstered headboard with a nail head trim.  You have to check out this post if you are ever thinking about tackling a project like this!  

I have been obsessed with some of the yarn wreaths with fabric flowers out there.  But by far – this beauty by Taylor Ann @ My Modish Mood was my absolute favorite!  I love the cozy fuzzy look!   

Finally – these DIY cornices that Erin @ Domestic Adventure made are just gorgeous!  Isn’t the fabric just too cute?  She made these for her nursery and has a fantastic tutorial on her blog if you are interested in doing the same.

If you guys loved these projects – you have to make sure that you have “liked” my Facebook page.  I share all kinds of treasures like these over there so you can always see what is inspiring me. 

Whew!  What a month!  But November should be just as fun!  I have some great projects planned and we will spend some time looking at some of the shopping deals that will be out later in the month!  Any other fellow Black Friday fans here??  I cannot wait! 

What was your favorite post of the month?  Mine or others?  Please share with us!!!  Feel free to hop over and link that on my Facebook Page as well – I totally wouldn’t mind if you guys started sharing YOUR great projects there! 

9 frugal friends said ...

Heather said... @ November 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for visiting my blog! I can't believe that there are only 8 weeks until Christmas! By the way, I love your metallic pumpkins.

Farah said... @ November 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Your enterence door looks beautiful . and yes sure the wreath is favourite one, I too like it. and obviously your mason jars are my favourite too
Can you please spare a bit of your time to give a look on my new post at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Anonymous said... @ November 2, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Beautiful I lake it!
Sincere congratulations for your ad hits the blog, I wish you as much.


Big kisses from Croatia.

Erin said... @ November 2, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Well, when you put it that way, we both need to get going!! I think my favorite post of yours was the pumpkin topiaries, they are gorgeous, and easy!

Unknown said... @ November 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I love the burlap on the vase along with mason jar ideas.

Unknown said... @ November 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Oops - I was also going to tell you that I will be sitting right along side you with that paper bag. I just can't believe only 8 weeks!!!

fafner said... @ November 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Every single time, the day after Halloween is suddenly right before Christmas. And every single time I'm blind-sighted by the Christmas music/displays/advertising. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for holiday decorating!

Karen said... @ November 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Another eventful month! What do you have in store for us for the holidays, Jess?!

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said... @ November 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Thanks so much for featuring my cornices!! Love all of your inspiration from this month.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails