Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Now I know I gave you a sneak peek at my blinged out tree the other day. Well this lil tree is now sparkling to the max. Our “other tree” is still in VA so I got this one the other day for $25. Now, it was a true Charlie Brown tree when I first put it up. It was so pitiful and sparse. But I knew if I filled it up with glistening ornaments it would be just fine. So here it is ….

Isn’t it cute! My tree skirt was a 70” table cloth that I found on clearance at Target for $4.99. I used a little silver tulle to tie up the hole I cut in it and tied the excess into a little bow. (I admit – my bow tying skills are sub par.)

Here are some close ups of the bling
 
 
 

Don’t you just love it? I especially am digging the way my Rope Ornaments turned out! And for those of you who thought they looked hard – they aren’t. Seriously – once I figured out the stick pin trick, I could make one in about 5-10 minutes.

I am going to go link this up amongst some of the holiday linkies that are out there but this is all of the Christmas that I have going on in the little apartment. But – never fear – I have a plan to build a little more Christmas into the blog! It may require me to be a little “grinchy” though. Intrigued? Check back in tomorrow to see what I mean.







Linking up with Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality

Julia @ Hooked On Houses





Donna @ Funky Junk Interiors



Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick


And The Nester!
Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

7 frugal friends said ...

Delightful Dwelling said... @ December 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Your tree looks beautiful with the silver ornaments! I love those rope ornaments, great job.

Cori said... @ December 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Oh, that little tree is the cutest! I love the color scheme, silver is so peaceful. I bookmarked your tutorial on the rope ornaments, such a lovely idea, I'm going to give them a go this weekend. My tree can always use some more ornaments =]

Sandra said... @ December 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Your little tree is very cute and the lights make it look silvery and blue...so pretty. Thanks for coming by my blog and hope you get a chance to finish reading all the Twelve Days of Christmas Stories.

Anonymous said... @ December 14, 2009 at 8:41 PM

absolutely gorgeous :-) thx for stopping by my spot!

stephanie h said... @ December 14, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Very pretty!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said... @ December 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

You were right...totally adorable! Pretty ingenious on the tableskirt! I'll have to remember that trick!
Merry Christmas!
Susan

Anonymous said... @ December 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Love the silver! So beautiful! It all looks so festive! I am stopping by from Nester's tour. If you want to see my tour, click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog to see my Christmas decorating posts! Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails