Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

It is no secret that I love flowers and all things green!  Spring is probably my favorite season of the year because of all the blooms.  But why just leave them outside?  I say bring flowers in and these pics offer some great inspiration on how you can do that. 



I love the positioning of this large arrangement of forced blooms. Instead of in the center of the table it is pushed against the wall which opens up the table to the important things - the food!
Breakfast Nook modern dining room



Placing an arrangement of flowers in front of a mirror creates an look of a painting with out the expense of art!  Plus you can change it up as you change your decor.
Guest Bedroom modern bedroom

Mix up the types and textures of flowers you include in an arrangement to give it more visual weight and interest.

Bridge Design Studio traditional living room



Hate the cost of buying cut flowers?  Use dried flowers to achieve a natural and rustic look.
Detail of Kitchen Dining Area traditional kitchen

Using a tall arrangement to create height in a room.  Branches are another cheap and long lasting idea to bring nature in while cutting the cost out!


Modernism in the Galilee contemporary bathroom



Arrangements don't have to be the focal point in the room but they can be an important layer to include in your accessorizing. (That and I think this couch is beautiful!)
Portfolio Photographs traditional living room


Use fragrant herbs to create a multi-sensory effect!  Ahhh... I love lavender.
Modern Swedish Apartment Has Views to Central Park modern dining room
Love how they use branches to make a sculptural element on this mantle!

Gleichers Eco-Friendly Townhouse contemporary living room



Arrangements don't have to be big to make an impact - which saves money and space!
Showcase Guest Bathroom contemporary bathroom


Never under estimate the effect simple greenery can have on a room!  Bamboo is cheap and cleans your air!  (Which in my mind is a great idea in the bathroom!) 
Mod Spa Bathroom modern bathroom

Which one is your favorite??  Do you do flower arrangement or have plants in your home? Personally I would like to eventually have my own cut flower garden. (I am uber jealous of one of the ladies I work with who has so many that she "has" to bring them into the office!) Until that day - I will just have to enjoy my bamboo and other cat safe plants!   


Linking this up to the Inspired by Party with Melissa @ The Inspired Room. Go on over and get inspired!!

7 frugal friends said ...

Babes about Town said... @ May 7, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Wow, you make me want to spring clean and redecorate. Love these floral arrangements. I've got some lovely tulips brightening up my kitchen table right now. Gives me a lift whenever I go into cook :-)

Unknown said... @ May 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I love the additions of bouquets or single bits of nature. Stopping from SITS!

Sarah Larsen said... @ May 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Love these inspirations!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ May 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM

It just gives me more ideas of things I want to do in my house!!! Flowers do make a difference in a room. Thanks for sharing these inspirations!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ May 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM

I just realized that although I was following you on my blog, my little face didn't pop up here on your blog!! So you have a new follower that is an old follower!! Have a great weekend!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ May 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Thanks for the reminder that bringing our gardens inside is always uplifting. :) I have branches in our mater bedroom in a tall tin bucket. We cut the branches from our flowering plum, so they are a rich color. And, they are free! :)

Unknown said... @ May 27, 2018 at 2:28 PM

Well this is really interesting. Gardening always fascinates me. Very informative and useful post. You will be glad to know that I am also writing a blog where I review the latest technology for better shower experience.
Please visit my site andlet me know your valuable comments

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails