Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I did get the guest bedroom cleaned out last weekend.  It is coming together but I kinda left one thing out when I was thinking about it last week.  See it is a guest bedroom maybe 2% of the time.  The rest of the time it is my craft room.  So I need some inspiration of what I should add to the room to complement my sewing desk to make it a functional work space.  Here are some spaces that have got me thinking!

I love how compact but functional this space is with all the built ins.


Chez Larsson- craft space

Hmm - again more built ins.  But also cute frames and a place to post things.

More This eclectic home office

Ok - so this is fantastic!  A place to hold things you need plus something decorative.
Ballard is always on their game.  I love the way this workspace is laid out.


Home Office Designs | Home Office Decor | - Ballard Designs modern home office

Oh what I could do with a wall sized cork board. 


Home Office Inspiration traditional home office

Hmmm - again more cork boards.  And a beautiful collection of white vases.


Shoshana modern home office

Ok - so this is more of a bed shot than a workspace shot, but it shows how both can exist in the same place.


3XX Queen Street eclectic home office

What is there not to like about this room?  Fantastic roman shade, great color on the walls, and beautiful bedding.


Home Office Inspiration traditional home office

How adorable is this!  I love french memo board treatment on the wall.


Home office inspiration contemporary home office

So crisp - so organized!  And I love those lamps!


white office modern home office

Isn't this wallpaper amazing!  Love how they incorporated the wall decor in with the colors and shapes.


idealhomemag- contemporary home office contemporary home office

So there we go!  Which one is your favorite?  What things are a must for your work and craft space?


Linking this up with Melissa's Inspired By Party!  Hop over and get inspired too!

17 frugal friends said ...

Nadine said... @ May 28, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I love Traditional Home Office: 8th pic. Thanks for this post. I'm going to be doing an office-craft room / guest room soon too. Mine has an open door space so I have to keep it neat & streamline but pic 8 has given me some good ideas. :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said... @ May 28, 2010 at 6:05 AM

I love the sophisticated brown walls with the robin's egg blue chair and accents. But then the very next picture is the white one that is so fresh and I love that too! Maybe two craft rooms - one for me, one for the kids! Thansk for sharing such pretty and inspiring photos.

K @ My Forgotten Favorite said... @ May 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Beautiful rooms! I'm with you on the giant cork board. Endless possibilities. Thank you for sharing!

renee said... @ May 28, 2010 at 8:58 AM

The rooms are all so inspiring and beautiful. I am in the process of working on my office/studio. I hope to have it complete by the end of summer. I am using the palest blush pink for the walls and white trim. I hope it turns out!

Teresa said... @ May 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Yes, I too would love a great craft room...the one from Ballards calls to me. =)
Thanks for sharing.

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said... @ May 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM

This post make my heart flutter! Sigh..... I am painting my craftroom right now. Always changing my mind about how I want it to end up. :) Thanks for the pics!

Jen said... @ May 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I feel like I just had the richest dessert available in the universe. I want to move into my computer now and create in every one of those spaces! Aaaaahhhhhh --

Atticmag said... @ May 29, 2010 at 8:23 AM

These are terrific ideas-- great photos and for those of us who are in search of a more organized work space but haven't quite pulled it together yet, they are invaluable. I also so appreciate you stopping by my blog. Jane F

Erin said... @ May 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I love the second one and the ballard one. I think my must haves are lot of workspace, and the ability to reach most of my stuff from my workspace. Good lighting is a must too!

Farah said... @ May 31, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Practical Ideas .... I am nowadays planning a craft room in my new house, and it helps me a lot, thanks for sharing, it really works for me Love.

Its my blog and I want you to join it... and I hope all of you encourage me
to make it more better and share it with me.. Love

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/

Pearl Maple said... @ May 31, 2010 at 4:57 AM

So many fun ideas to organise a creative workspace, just love those framed peg boards, thanks for sharing the inspiration.

cinnibonbon said... @ May 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM

These really are all beautiful--but the blue ones simply call to me!! Thanks for sharing.

Bring Pretty Back said... @ May 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I can't decide which one I like best! I am turning our sons bedroom- he moved out last month- into an office for myself. I love the huge corkboard , I would also love a big chaulkboard. Thank you so much for visiting my blog , amd leaving a comment!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Teena said... @ May 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM

cool! Every creative crafty space does need a couch or daybed for reflection and afternoon nanna naps!! Happy Blue Monday <3

Karen said... @ May 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Whenever I see great spaces like these it makes me want to makeover my own home office/craft area.

Jenni said... @ June 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I LOVE that wall paper in the contemporary home office design - any idea who makes it? It would go great in my teen daughters room!

Corie Drane said... @ May 3, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Those wall-sized cork board looks great for everyone who loves to keep their ideas and inspiration in a place they can easily see. Also, the design as shown with those storage spaces is fantastic for storing up your craft materials and keeping the work area neat.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails