Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

I have thought long and hard about this post.  I know I often post things that I hope will inspire you - and today is no exception.  I hope that this post inspires you to help.  To give.  Because despite what you may be seeing on the national news - Nashville, my city - needs you.  The hubby and I are fine, and I appreciate the thoughts and emails about our safety.  But our city needs your help.  Please consider texting "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to flood relief.  Or go directly to the Middle Tennessee Red Cross Website and donate.

The Nashville Skyline.  This is before the Cumberland crested at 12 feet above flood stage.
(photo via The Tennessean by Samuel M. Simpkins)

A neighborhood near Opryland.  Most people didn't have flood insurance.
(photo via The Tennessean by Samuel M. Simpkins)

For my friends who went to Blissdom - this is the Delta portico under 10 feet of water.
(photo via Tennessean by John Partipilo)

This is the highway I have to take into work.  Obviously it is closed. To the top right over there is the High School (underwater) where Taylor Swift filmed her "You belong to me" video.  So most of you have actually seen that Football field before.

(photo via The Tennessean courtesy Bob Barker)

A home that literally exploded in the wake of the flood in Franklin, TN.
(photo via The Tennessean)

A man carries his wife from their home.  They are headed to a Red Cross shelter.
(photo via The Tennessean by Ann Wallace)

This photo was taken on Monday - after the rain had stopped but still shows the destructive power of the water that is still here.
(Photo via The Tennessean by Sandford Myers)

This is how the debris has piled up across the city. 
(photo via The Tennessean by Shelley Mays)

Clean up at the Lighthouse Christian School. 
(photo via The Tennessean by Shelley Mays)

This photo says a thousand words and just chills me.  Please help.  We need your support now more than ever.
(photo via The Tennessean by Chris Roth)


Please if you can - anything will help us.  Please go to the Red Cross to donate.  Or text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to flood relief. 

3 frugal friends said ...

Frances said... @ May 4, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Jess, I live in Coopertown (Robertson County) and work in Clarksville. I am still amazed by the level of destruction as a result of this tragedy. I appreciate that you took the time to send out this post calling for help. There are so many people who have lost everything! I feel so blessed that my home is fine and my office is okay. Still praying for all of those who don't have a home or job to go back to.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said... @ May 5, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I'm stunned by the flooding you've had there. I guess I haven't had the TV on much lately because I hadn't seen how bad it was. My heart sank when I saw the beautiful Opryland Hotel under water--right where we were standing a few months ago. Chilling to see the Grand Ole Opry like that, too. Thanks for getting the word out about how we can help. So important at a time like this.

Cheryl said... @ May 6, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I just read about the REDCROSS Text yesterday. It must hurt like hell to be in the eye of this disaster. Thank you a million for writing this post.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails