Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

So this isn't really "home" or "decor" related - it is style related! Yesterday was my birthday and I had a fabulous first day of my 30's.  Work wasn't too crazy and the hubby took me out for a wonderful dinner last night! 

But the best part of my birthday was my present he got me!  Behold my new Retro Cruiser Bike!

I love it!  I always said I didn't like riding a bike after I got my 12-speed.  Don't ask me how I can drive a stick shift now but still haven't managed to figure out how to change gears on a bike.  So this baby has one gear and you back pedal to brake.  So simple.

I also love all the retro accents!  The white walled tires, the chrome, and the red and white details! 

I found out this is actually a very coveted style online, so I am pretty pumped that we were able to actually get it at a local store!  So - I am off to take this puppy out for a spin to the Farmer's Market and the Library this morning!  Here's hoping for some good books and fresh berries!

19 frugal friends said ...

Token Yankee said... @ May 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Happy birthday! I love the bike, I have been wanting one for awhile so the husband and I can cruise arounds. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

TornadoTwos said... @ May 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM

What a cool looking bike! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, happy birthday!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.

Megan/Brassy Apple said... @ May 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM

FUN!!! I've been wanting a cool retro bike! love yours! stopping by via SITS!!

Anonymous said... @ May 15, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Happy Birthday! Love the bike- I got the same one {in pink & white} a few years ago for my birthday!! I love mine- I hope you enjoy yours!!! :)

Farmhouse Fixers said... @ May 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Happy Birthday and what a great present!!! It looks fantastic! Enjoy it!!

the cape on the corner said... @ May 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM

ooh, so cute! love that retro vibe, and the back pedaling to break. that is the only way i will ride a bike..for some reason i feel more in control that way. must've been all those rentals on the boardwalk at the shore!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said... @ May 15, 2010 at 11:21 AM

You are going to be styling on your way to the market and library!!!! Very cool!

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said... @ May 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Happy Birthday! That is so cute! I got a retro bike a few years ago and I love it. Take is everywhere that I can back in my parents' hometown. Perfect for the farmers market and library - sounds like you're going to have a nice Saturday :)

Melissa Miller said... @ May 15, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Happy Birthday Jess! Wonderful red bike! ~Enjoy!

Thank you very much for your sweet visit. You're always welcome anytime.
Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Bucksome Boomer said... @ May 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM

It sounds like the bikes I grew up with and want to ride again. Hmm, maybe it's time for us to go bike hunting.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said... @ May 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Hello Jess~I was tinkled pink to see you'd strolled in for a visit.
I love meeting new friends. It may take me a bit, but I return all my visits.
What a wonderful B-day surprise...a "red"cruiser! That's on my wish list, but hubby thinks at my age I could be a road hazard, he may be right lol.

I can understand your apprehension of the dark (toned) stains, especially when we've been coached to painting everything white or black. but once you reach for an espresso stain and see the outcome on a few selected pieces, you'll probably be hooked.

Looks like you've got a great start on your patio.The lattice planter box (that's my guess to it's identity) is going to make a grand statement and it'll make your lil' spot appear so much larger.


I took a peek at your refinished sewing table. I vote to keep it as is too. It looks so nice I can't imagine distressing such a fine finish.

I've enjoyed my visit and will be by again.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Sara's Sweet Surprise said... @ May 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM

P.S. I'd love to see your kitties. Do you have any photos in a previous post? I started with three 2 boys and 1 girl, but now it's just my Angel girl who's still with me. She's going on 16 years.
SW,
Sara

Cynthia said... @ May 17, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Loving your Bike, what a wonderful Birthday present. May I ask what is the model Number? or were can I find one on line? Thanks

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said... @ May 17, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Happy belated bday! What an AWESOME gift!

the Blah Blah Blahger said... @ May 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

GREAT gift and hope you had a happy birthday! The 30s are the best!

Procurement Resource said... @ April 13, 2021 at 6:01 AM

Butanedioic Acid Production Cost Analysis 2021

Butanedioic acid, commonly known as succinic acid or amber, is a water-soluble, colourless crystal. It is a dicarboxylic acid comprised of four carbon atoms. It is used as a feedstock chemical for the production of high value products, including 1,4-butanediol, tetrahydrofuran, adipic acid, etc.


Read the full production cost analysis report of Butanedioic Acid

The Seo Master said... @ June 10, 2021 at 11:04 AM

The King of lease cleaning sydney. we are the best professional cleaners in sydney. Please contact us for vacate cleaning.
end of lease cleaning sydney

Spider Business Center said... @ December 19, 2021 at 7:02 AM

If you are looking for a professional Serviced office in Dubaii Sheikh Zayed Road for rent, Spider Business Center has got you covered. We also provide an affordable , ready to use, Customizable space, Available by the hour, Simple booking meeting room with all the amenities you need.

CV Writing Services said... @ November 29, 2023 at 3:38 AM

Navigate the complexities of job applications effortlessly with our Job Application Form Writing Service Ireland. We specialize in creating straightforward forms tailored to your needs. Streamline the process and increase your chances of success.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails