Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Today was not a good day. It was a VERY horrible day (as horrible days go).

So when I came home I wanted to be cuddled, cozy, and relaxed. These are my necessities.

1. My Snuggie
Laugh if you want – but I love it and it is the first thing I pick up when I come home.  (P.S. I did not buy it on TV – though I wanted to.)  I actually have only had it for about 2 months and it really is fantastic. If you want one (and you know you do) you can get your own at Drugstore.com for $14.99 with 10% cash back with Bing.

2. My Fidget
This is my oldest cat and “my” cat that was mine before she was someone else’s. I got her 11 years ago for Christmas and she is my baby. She is also very smart, as you can see she has her own facebook page. Seriously, she sits like this every night while I work on this blog.


3. Mac n Cheese or a Grilled Cheese with Tomato soup (or both)
I have none tonight though. Instead, I will have to settle for pork chops. But they were exceedingly tasty, as I do have an awesome recipe.
 
 

4. A Glass of Wine
Momma needs to relax and this lovely lil Cab is gonna help make that happen.


5. My Remote
I need my TV… it is a sad and horrible crutch, but I love it. I come home and turn on E News – cause that is the only kind of news I want in the evening. I follow that up with an assortment of crime shows, but tonight they will be too dark and dreary which is why my ultimate bad day movie is #6.


6. Love Actually
There is nothing like this movie. I cannot explain the mood lifting experience that I get when I watch this movie. I love it and it fills me with hope and love. If you have never seen it then I must insist that you go to Amazon and buy it now.

 
Let me share with you the opening lines of the movie as they are truly words to think on when you are feeling blue.

“Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport.


General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that.


It seems to me that love is everywhere.

Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there –
fathers and sons,
mothers and daughters,
husbands and wives,
boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.


When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love.


If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...
love actually is all around.”

Here’s Hoping Thursday is better!



9 frugal friends said ...

Christina said... @ November 12, 2009 at 6:45 AM

It sounds like you found a way to turn a rotten day into something much, much better. So glad!

My bad day routine used to be a shopping trip... but then I had to become a responsible adult, so now it's coming home, eating a balanced meal (not just string cheese... must add at least an apple! ;-) ), and watching a movie or reading a book. It's amazing how much those little things can make a difference.

Hope today's much better!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said... @ November 12, 2009 at 7:42 AM

This sounds like my perfect evening at home, even if I didn't have a bad day! I'm like you--prefer E! News to the real thing because I know it won't depress me. Ha.

Hope today is better for you!! :-)

Corrie Howe said... @ November 12, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I love my Snuggie, glass of wine and tomato soup and grilled cheese. Your cat is adorable.

Moore Minutes said... @ November 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I hope your day gets better! Fun idea for a post though, I enjoyed reading it. That is what we had for lunch yesterday! :)

The Blonde Duck said... @ November 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Popped in from SITS to say hello!

Now I'm totally craving mac and cheese and Love Acutally tonight...

MovieGuy said... @ November 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM

My bad day necessities are Taco Bell nachos bellgrande, IM, and Hairspray (the musical)...that always helps me when I need a smile :)

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said... @ November 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Awwwh ... love you guys! Thanks for the support!

egt said... @ November 15, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Why don't people realize a Snuggie is so much more than just a "blanket with sleeves" it's true, it's a necessary part of comfort and relaxation!!! Great post!

Tanya said... @ November 15, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I LOVE Love Actually too...great movie. It always makes me laugh AND cry!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails