Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

First – let me say thanks to all of you who left me comments after my bad day Wednesday. That made Thursday an even better day! (And it was better!) So thanks again!

So last week I did a whole series on Holiday Party Planning, check it out if you missed it!  However, perhaps this year you are like me and you are not hosting Thanksgiving, but you are a guest. As a guest, you have graciously offered to “bring” something to accompany the main event. A few years ago, Domino made the most awesome suggestion - whatever you bring, leave the hostess the serving dish as a “gift” of appreciation.

Of course, you need to find some options that are both budget friendly and adorable. I am going to display some great examples for you today.

A Fancy Dish for the Cranberries
Footed Serving Bowl from Kohls - $19.99

This dish is perfect for displaying those dazzling cranberries and will provide the hostess with a classic serving dish for years to come.


A Perfect Plate for the Pie

Ok - sure you could probably get a cheaper pie plate that is just plain glass.  But, I love the deep brown glaze on this baker! Of course, Miss Deen would come up with something this beautiful.

A Lovely Bowl for the Veggies
The Cuisine Bowl from Crate and Barrel - $16.95

This dish is perfect for displaying a bright Carrot or Greens dish. It was also designed by a master chef and was used on “The Next Iron Chef” show – so you know it has the stamina to handle being passed around the table.


A Basket for the Bread
Mango Wood Bread Tray from Target - $17.48

I think the dark wood of this classic basket is gorgeous. Bonus – the hostess can use this as a decorative piece or a serving piece. I love things that can pull some double duty!

A Festive Bowl for the Taters
Red and White Serving Bowl from Crate and Barrel - $9.95

I think some fluffy mounds of mashed potatoes would be lovely in this beautiful red bowl. It will transition for your hostess seamlessly into Christmas too!


Finally, if you are just asked to bring wine, always come equipped with two bottles!

Happy Shopping!


I am linking up with Jane for another round of Frugalicious Friday!



8 frugal friends said ...

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said... @ November 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Thanks for the tips--I've been eying that bowl at Target.

Kristin said... @ November 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Great gift idea for the hostess. One evening around Halloween, we had dinner guests over who brough cookies for dessert and gave me the cute pumpkin plate with the cookies. Love the plate and love the memories with it!!

BALLET NEWS said... @ November 14, 2009 at 6:37 AM

thanks for all the info - great post !

Laura said... @ November 14, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I love that idea..I usually bake and bring pies..so that pie plate is PERFECT. Just stopping by from SITS Saturday SHAREFEST.

Have a great Day!!

laura from My Best Day Ever</a

Unknown said... @ November 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Very cute bowls! Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous said... @ November 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Ooooh, great ideas! I love the footed serving bowl. That is so pretty! Perfect for serving food, or just displaying a beautiful centerpiece!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Jessica Jones said... @ November 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM

What an AWESOME idea! We are traveling out of town for thanksgiving and cant really make anything but i vould buy bread and a bread basket AWESOME

Anonymous said... @ June 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we communicate?


http://lpedia.org/Eye_treatment

Feel free to visit my web blog :: vivexin review

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails