Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Can we talk?

(giggle – sorry, I am sleep deprived and this makes me happy!)

Anyways, seriously – can we talk about this room?

(photo by Coburn Architecture via Houzz) 

I love this room, not because it has great windows or vaulted ceilings. I love this room because it makes me like orange. I gotta be honest with you, orange is not a color that I gravitate towards. I don’t own any orange clothing (unless you count my gorgeous buttery orangey leather kitten heel mules from Michael Kors – gotta love clearance at DSW right!) and there is nothing orange in my home.

I don’t think my aversion is due to the fact that I grew up in a home with avocado appliances with red and yellow shag carpet. Because there was, in all that was WRONG there, no orange. Funny enough, my brother shares the same aversion to the “wrongness” of orange.

However, in this room, the orange works. I love the paisley bed skirt – of which I am certain there is also a paisley headboard. (You have to look close, but I swear there is a hint of that on the left side of the pic.) I do kinda have a thing for paisley, but I don’t think that alone has gotten me in love with this room.

The curtains are what I am loving. That big splash of orange across those clean white walls is just beautiful. I love it with the black curtain rods, which on its own might seem a little Halloweenish. I love the orange lamp on the desk in the corner.

Again, I cannot believe I am saying this, but I love this room.

The neutral bedding with the navy stripe is helping the cause here, but really, when I stop and look at it, I love the orange. We have a very nice neutral white and navy bed set, in our guest room, and I am seriously considering adding some orange simply because of this picture.

I found two options (not surprisingly - it is a lil tricky to find orange drapes) that I like.


First, these Indoor/Outdoor Grommet Tab Drapes from Target that are 54.99 for the 50x96 inch long panel.


And these Blackout Grommet Curtains from A Touch of Class that are $55.99 for a 50x95 inch panel.  



Do you have the same aversion to orange? And if so, does this room somehow magically work for you? I would love to know!



5 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ November 20, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I like this room, too! I'm actually a fan of orange when it's done right. Hope you have a wonderful time in PA for the holidays!

pk @ Room Remix

Anonymous said... @ November 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Hmmm...I could go for orange, if it was the right shade of orange...nothing too bright, more of a fall shade... The pictures you have are very nice--I could go for any of those!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said... @ November 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I have been really into orange lately, too--at least in small doses. I don't know if it's because it's fall or what. Love that room at the top of your post!

Unknown said... @ November 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I love the room...and paisley...but as for orange my kitchen is actually painted a burnt orange color!

claudia b said... @ November 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Orange, in a light shade with shimmer - FAB!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails