Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Wow! What a weekend! I am still trying to compress it all into my wee lil brain!! For starters, the party Friday night was a blast! Harry was amazing! And yes, I did get my pic taken with him (me an 6 other people – we had to go in groups) and I did have to have this conversation with my hubby when I got home.

Hubby: Did you get to meet Harry?
Me: Yes!!! And he touched me!!!!!
Hubby: (Raised eyebrow)
Me: Appropriately! He appropriately touched me!
(For everyone wondering – he shook my hand. He really is a gentleman. Plus Alli had already warned us that there was “no groping”.)

I was hoping I would have the pic to put up today, but it hasn’t been uploaded yet.

I have sat around trying to organize my thoughts about the weekend and decided I would have to recap it two ways – the people and the content. Because basically that is what you get out of Blogging conference. You learn from both the people and the actual sessions. So here is my shoutout to all the people who made this weekend fantastic for me.

First – our incredible organizers, Paula Bruno (@paulabruno) Barbara Jones (@BarbaraJones), Alli Worthington (@alliworthington) were brilliant and put on such a great party and conference!

Then Harry came out! Everyone enjoyed the concert – including TidyMom! She even got a kiss from Harry! (Seriously, that is a link to check out!)

After a couple songs, Harry talked to us about community and his work with the Musicians Village in New Orleans. (Isn’t this picture just yummy!)

They let us get pictures taken after that and then it was just a huge dance party!

When I first went in, I didn’t know anyone. I felt so small and lonely. Everyone else had been hanging out all day and already knew each other. But then I saw Rhoda from Southern Hospitality and went up and said hello. She is just too sweet and kind (exactly what I expected!) and pointed out to me where some of the other home bloggers were hanging out. From there it was all down hill! It was so great getting to meet some of the bloggers I really admire! I had a blast dancing with Emily from RemodelingThisLife, JJ , Lindsay from Living with Lindsay, and Amy & Angie from I Heart Faces. I never get to go out dancing so it was great to get out there and shake it with these fun ladies!

We went up to the (In)courage Party next. Lindsay really took me under her wing (I love you!) and introduced me to The Nester, Kimba and Melissa from The Inspired Room. (Be still my beating heart!) It was crazy and overwhelming to meet everyone. Not to mention the fact that my super cute shoes were KILLING my feet. So Kimm from Reinvented and I walked back out of the maze of rooms back to the main conference area. (The Opryland is confusing for sure. It is like a mini city!) I came home so excited (and hungry – a Sonic stop was required).

I wasn’t sure if I would be able to sleep because my mind was swirling and I was so wound up. Bless my poor lil hubby’s heart for listening to me prattle on and on about everyone I met. I mean he didn’t care that the Centsational Girl grabbed me and kissed my cheek – but hello! That was a big deal!

The next day was almost overwhelming with the amount of things I learned and people I met. I think I have used all the adjectives I can so instead of you guys having to listen to me prattle, here are some pics.

The beautiful and talented JJ!  Out of focus are Emily and Kimm!  JJ is a talented photog and an all around riot! She did teach me a lil about aperture this weekend and between her, Angie, and Amy – I think I am going to start trying to take the camera off auto! Emily and Kimm are both hysterical (in that fantastically satirical way).

Melissa from The Inspired Room with me – she is so super sweet, modest and was fantastic on the Blogging with the Stars panel.

Hugging on the Centsational Girl, Kate! She is a firecracker! (And is totally the reason that I even stumbled into this whole blog world!)

Me and Lindsay! I can’t even express how grateful I was that she was so sweet and friendly to me.

Rhoda from Southern Hospitality! She is so wonderful and really down to earth!

There are so many other people, Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick, AnNicole from Our Suburban Cottage, Julia from Hooked on Houses, Traci from Beneath My Heart ... Such great people, such wonderful times. My brain is still too full to process much of anything right now, but give me a day or two and I will be back with some learnings!

9 frugal friends said ...

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said... @ February 8, 2010 at 8:47 PM

It was so nice to meet you. How fun that the conference was in your own town! I'm so glad you were able to make it...and shake your booty on the dance floor. So much fun!

Kate Riley said... @ February 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Firecracker here.... love you so much ! I wish I had my hub to talk to at night, alas, I was all alone... **sigh*** what am I saying ? I wasn't alone, I was with the greatest group of inspirational gals who I adore !!! Including you my dear !
xoxo Ms. Kate

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said... @ February 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Aw, it was so fabulous to meet you too! Thank you SO much for saying nice things about my presentation. I'll pay ya back later. Ha, just kidding. Seriously, thank you. That means a lot to have your positive feedback!

Everyone was so great, it was wonderful to meet everyone and hang out with our peeps!!

Erin said... @ February 9, 2010 at 5:46 AM

WOW! I am so jealous. I really wanted to go, but alas, life! Maybe next year, right? It sounds like you had a great time.

Stopping by from SITS!!

Judy@grammyreads.com said... @ February 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Wow, you were rockin with the stars there!

Lindsay @ Makely said... @ February 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Oh, this was such a great trip! I loved meeting you and all the hanging out we got to do. You rock, Jess!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said... @ February 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Hi, Jess! So glad you got to come & I'm glad you introduced yourself. All of these girls are just fantastic & I'm so happy to be among them all. You can't help but have a great time with all of them.

Jessica Jones said... @ February 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM

sounds like you had a blast! There is no way I am missing this next year...can't wait to hear what you learned

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ February 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I'm so glad you went! Looks like fun :).

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails