Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Ooooohh!!! It is here - Blissdom!!!  


Blissdom Conference ~ Nashville ~ February 4-6 2010

Can I tell you that I was so jealous to read all the tweets from last night's cocktail party?  I knew I should have signed up for that one.  But I have to work today (boo!) so the plan is that I go to work, come home, make myself beautiful and go party-harty with the rest of the Blissdom Peeps.  (And meet Harry Connick Jr. - eek!)  


 

Then I am going to have to come home and and get up in the AM to learn lots of good stuff!  Here is where you guys come in.  I realize that I am very fortunate to be local and be able to attend this fantastic event!  So in exchange, I am going to list the sessions that I am headed to tomorrow and I want all you people out there to post the questions you would have if you were headed to these sessions in the comments here.  That way when I do a recap on what I have learned, I can report back on what you wanted to learn too!  (I am dead serious on this - please tell me what you would want to ask/learn/understand.)

First Session - Blogging with the Stars  
Holly Buchanan from Marketing to Women Online is going to be interviewing some of the top female bloggers to talk about how they went from starting out to superstars.  On the panel, we will have Dana from Mamalogues, Michell from Scribbit, Tsh from Simple Mom, and (eek so excited) Melissa from The Inspired Room!!!!   

Second Session - Evolving into a Professional Blogger - Paths to Success
So - this sounds similar to the first session right?  Not exactly.  The first session is about how those bloggers catapulted themselves into the top spots.  This session is lead by marketing professionals who are going to talk to how to promote yourself and your brand.  Along with that, they are going to get into how you can start getting paid opportunities from companies and how to make strategic processional choices about who and what you advertise.  Speaking at this session will be Barbara and Alli (the organizers of Blissdom) who run One2One Network and Allison Worthington Media.  Others on the panel include Audrey from Mom Generations, Kim from Hormone-Colored Days, Stephanie from DeVries Public Relations and Nancy from iRobot.

Third Session - Niche Blogging 
I can't even tell you how excited I am for this session because it features so many of the bloggers that I love.  This session is all about finding a niche to help pinpoint your focus of your posts.  Speaking on the panel is Audrey from Mom Generations, Rachel from A Southern Fairytale, Heather from Home EC 101, Sommer from Green and Clean Mom, Jennifer from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and The Nester from The Nesting Place.  People I will be in the presence of The Nester! 

Fourth Session - The Wizard of Ads 
Ok so this is another session that I really need because I want to understand how ads work!!  This session is supposed to teach all the things you need to know about ad networks, stats and metrics, what to charge, how to do integrated campaings and what "above the fold" means.  Speaking on this panel are Mary Ann from Glam Media, Paula from One2One, Melanie from Mel, A Dramatic Mommy, Michelle from Gloss Inc, and Tsh from Simple Mom

So what do you think?  Any of this appeal to you?  Are you interested in learning about it?  I am going to be honest, if no one comments - I am not going to do any detailed posts about it!  So let me know what you would want to learn if you were there!

    



P.S.  You still have three days to enter my giveaway!  Check it out!

10 frugal friends said ...

Linda@Coastal Charm said... @ February 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Hope you have an awesome time at BLISSDOM...I"M soooooo jealous!

Blessings,
Linda

Heather Solos said... @ February 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The Nester is truly a fabulous lady. (As are all the others on the panel, she just gets special love in this comment 'cause we all need that from time to time.)
:)

It's Always Something Around Here said... @ February 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I am interested in the niche blogging!

OCMomActivities - Katie said... @ February 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Oh my gosh, what fun and brain overload! Enjoy it!

(From SITS by the way)

Melissa B. said... @ February 5, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I would love to learn how some of these gals went from nothing to something! I keep reminding myself that everyone in the blogosphere started out small...

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ February 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

All of these sessions sound perfect, and I think I'm just too ignorant to even come up with an intelligent question right now! You'll have to make up for it by taking fantastic notes, gleaning all you can, and reporting back :). Have a fantastic time!!!

Wendi P said... @ February 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM

So happy that you get to attend. Take notes and please share your newfound wisdom from Blissdom.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said... @ February 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I'm so glad I got to meet you this weekend! Hope we can hang out together again next year. :-)

southerninspiration said... @ February 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I think you chose great seminars and I totally wish I had been there with you. I would love to know some of ALL of what you learned! I would love to know about niche blogging, and ads if I had to choose!
Thanks!
Suzanne

rachel said... @ February 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I would loove to hear your opinions of all the panels! I know that I loved the ones that I attended and the one that I spoke on, I learned a lot from the ladies on te panel with me.

THey are all wonderful women.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails