Growing up, we had two HUGE rhododendrons and a wild bush of azaleas in from of our house. Part of knowing it was spring for me was seeing the bright pink blooms popping out! I had to go find some pictures so I could share the vivid pinks that used to greet me every morning and when I got home from school.
(Azalea photo by Sonya Johnson via Wet Canvas)
(Rhododendrons at Grandview National Park - Photo by David Caldwell)
So my next inspiration color for you guys is, of course, pink! This is a tricky color to use. You don't want to look like someone doused the room in Pepto! However, when used sparingly, it can create the same smile inducing effects of the pictures above. Pink isn't a color I normally gravitate towards, but I love how it is used in the two rooms below!
(photo via BHG.com)
So I thought I would dig up some pink fun pink accents! I gotta be honest with you - I am not a pink person. But even as a non-pink kinda girl, I think these are super cute and I wouldn't mind having them in my place!
So for this round of playing in Polyvore - our neutral base is the Ektorp Sofa from Ikea. Again, I wouldn't recommend piling all of these elements in one room - but a couple ought to add a fun burst of spring color to your space!
From the top right we have
- A Set of 3 Framed Prints from Walmart.com for $49.97
- A Set of 5 Tealight Holders from Ikea for $2.99
- A Vase in Assorted Colors from Ikea for $1.99
- A Pink Storage Basket from World Market for $8.99
- A Pink Dot Table Lamp from Walmart.com for $16.88
- A 4x6 Pink Chenille Rug from Overstock for $66.99
- An Orchid Hand Embroidered Pillow from Overstock for $22.99
- A Pink Diamond Stitched Pillow from Target for $29.99
- A Bright Stripe Pillow from Target for $19.99
- A Pink Chandi Pillow from Target for $14.99
- A Bird Print Pillow from Dwell Studios for Target for $19.99
- A Bamboo Print Pillow from Target for $24.99
- A Pink Throw from Ikea for $29.99
That's a lot of pink! As always, I didn't get anything to tell you about these items, just me finding cute stuff for you! Don't forget to get your Bing Cashback if you shop Target or Overstock!
So since people tend to have pretty strong reactions to pink - are you a pink person? Would your significant other allow pink in a room or is that considered too feminine? I think the hubby might veto some of this, but some he might be ok with me getting. How about you?