Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Growing up, we had two HUGE rhododendrons and a wild bush of azaleas in from of our house. Part of knowing it was spring for me was seeing the bright pink blooms popping out!  I had to go find some pictures so I could share the vivid pinks that used to greet me every morning and when I got home from school. 

(Azalea photo by Sonya Johnson via Wet Canvas)


 (Rhododendrons at Grandview National Park - Photo by David Caldwell)

So my next inspiration color for you guys is, of course, pink!  This is a tricky color to use.  You don't want to look like someone doused the room in Pepto!  However, when used sparingly, it can create the same smile inducing effects of the pictures above.  Pink isn't a color I normally gravitate towards, but I love how it is used in the two rooms below!

(photo via BHG.com)

So I thought I would dig up some pink fun pink accents! I gotta be honest with you - I am not a pink person. But even as a non-pink kinda girl, I think these are super cute and I wouldn't mind having them in my place!


So for this round of playing in Polyvore - our neutral base is the Ektorp Sofa from Ikea.  Again, I wouldn't recommend piling all of these elements in one room - but a couple ought to add a fun burst of spring color to your space!

From the top right we have
- A Set of 3 Framed Prints from Walmart.com for $49.97
- A Set of 5 Tealight Holders from Ikea for $2.99
- A Vase in Assorted Colors from Ikea for $1.99
- A Pink Storage Basket from World Market for $8.99
- A Pink Dot Table Lamp from Walmart.com for $16.88
- A 4x6 Pink Chenille Rug from Overstock for $66.99
- An Orchid Hand Embroidered Pillow from Overstock for $22.99
- A Pink Diamond Stitched Pillow from Target for $29.99
- A Bright Stripe Pillow from Target for $19.99
- A Pink Chandi Pillow from Target for $14.99
- A Bird Print Pillow from Dwell Studios for Target for $19.99
- A Bamboo Print Pillow from Target for $24.99
- A Pink Throw from Ikea for $29.99

That's a lot of pink!  As always, I didn't get anything to tell you about these items, just me finding cute stuff for you!  Don't forget to get your Bing Cashback if you shop Target or Overstock! 

So since people tend to have pretty strong reactions to pink - are you a pink person?  Would your significant other allow pink in a room or is that considered too feminine?  I think the hubby might veto some of this, but some he might be ok with me getting.  How about you?

10 frugal friends said ...

Anonymous said... @ February 22, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I talked about my feelings for pink in today's post. I like pink, but I don't LOVE it. Too much = me feeling ill. So when creating my daughter's room, it was definitely a challenge.

I think it all depends on how you put a room together and the shade of pink you chose to go with whatever else is in the space. It can be done. Pink doesn't have to be all princess all the time.

Mommy said... @ February 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for the memories of springs past...bright yellow daffodils and delicate pink azaleas and rhododendron. Let's not forget the hillside of purple anemones.

Kate Riley said... @ February 22, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Aaaaack. This is beautiful ! I LOVE pops of pink in a room ! And I must check out this Polyvore, it is amazing !!! hugs, ms. kate

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said... @ February 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I'm generally not a pink person but, I have to admit, I really like the pieces you picked! And glad you included thing links!

Kelly

Anonymous said... @ February 22, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I like pinks when used in a totally unexpected way in just a little snippet. Like a bold pink flower in a room which is yellow and soft green, even in a black room. It draws the eye and is softer than some of the red tones.

Karen said... @ February 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I am not a pink person generally (issues with my Pepto Bismol bedroom growing up!)but a touch of pink like the second image shows is very fetching. You can't go wrong with a vase of bright pink flowers either.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said... @ February 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Hey, Jess! THanks for stopping by. I am not really a pink person, but I don't mind little doses of it. I love how you've put that board together, pink & green is a great combo for sure. I do think adding it to a modern room can be a nice mix too, that soft pale pink. But, I really love the bolder pinks the best if I was going to use one.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said... @ February 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM

LOVE PINK!!Just stopping by to thank you for visiting me on my SITS day and leaving some blog love!

Blessings,
LMM

Elizabeth Patch said... @ February 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

hi jess! thanks so much for stopping by my blog on my SITS day and helping to make it so special. I'm finally able to own up to my love of pink, after many years of black (its a new york thing)

Unknown said... @ February 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Wow! Love photos!

Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS day!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails