Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

After the beautiful weekend we had last weekend, this weekend it has been cold and cloudy.  Though (thankfully) we did not get any more snow.  All the more reason for my obsession with spring colors!  Since we have already hit up pink, yellow, and blue - it is time to move on to green.

I love the way you can look at a hillside of trees and watch them go from grey to green as the leaves come out in the spring.

 Later spring hillside

Photo via Webshots

P1140269

Photo via Webshots

I think the bright green that first comes out in spring is so refreshing and energizing.  Which is why, for today, I decided to focus on green in a home office.  Green is a great color for an office, because it can represent new ideas, creativity and of course money!  I love the way it is used in the offices below. 

Chez Larsson- home office



So I did some running around online to find you guys so cute chic green office pieces! These are all just me surfing around online - no one gives me anything to find these for you guys! 

So, let's run through these picks!  The neutral base for this set is the Liatorp Desk from Ikea for $299.  I like the classic lines of the desk and the fact that it is a larger piece that grounds the room.  Starting from the top right we have: 

-  A Green Throw from Ikea for $7.99
-  A Pair of Curtains from Ikea for $59.99
-  A 5' x 7'6 Green Area Rug from Overstock for $57.99
-  A 2 pack of Magazine Files from Ikea for $2.99
-  A 2 pack of CD Boxes from Ikea for $3.99
-  A 2 pack of Paper Storage Boxes from Ikea for $5.99
-  A 2 pack of Magazine Storage Boxes from Ikea for $11.99
-  A Decorative Throw Pillow from Overstock for $27.99
-  A Green Wall Clock from Amazon.com for $6.99
-  A Green Side Chair from Ikea for $89.99
-  A Green Handmade Paper Desk Set from Crane and Co. for $24.99

I am in LOVE with those Ikea desk accessories!  So cute and so affordable!

Do you have a home office or a "office space"?  Is it decorated or is it just functional?  Ours is more functional because of the lack of space, but I am hoping to change that soon! 

8 frugal friends said ...

Kate Riley said... @ February 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I have those exact green boxes, and I love them. Green is my favorite color to decorate with, it's always fresh and completely seasonless. I heart green ! Happy Sunday friend.

Anne said... @ February 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I just recently started using sage green in my decorating and I love it! I'm definitely going to start using more green.

"Yeah, that works..!" said... @ February 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I think I need just about everything you found! I LOVE the basement office pic.

Heather said... @ February 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Ooooh I love it! We are in the process of beautifying our office and these are wonderful ideas. I love how fresh green and white looks - and I love IKEA! :)

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said... @ February 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Love the green Crane's set. They always make such quality products.

Kelly

Joey Lynn Resciniti said... @ February 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I can't wait to see those little green leaves come out this spring!

sewa mobil said... @ March 2, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Nice information, this really useful for me. There is nothing to argue about.
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it. Thx.

Anonymous said... @ November 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Wаnt to get a Free iPad 3? Discοver hοw at http:
//myipad3.top-іnformation.net/ . If
you're wondering how, it's thanks to thе beta testing opеnings at Αpple.
Simply test the moԁel for a month and keеp it afterwards!
Simply amazing.
Feel free to visit my web-site ... New Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Get's FDA Approved - weight loss pill

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails