Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

No, I'm not angry.  I am just seeing red everywhere - stores, homes, blogs.  I think Valentine's Day has got us all loving the color of love. 

So here is my personal collection of favorite "red" decor ideas from Houzz.com (of course).  I hope you can get a little inspiration here!

Love this great mirror!  I think most of the time some small touches of red can really liven up the place. 

Red Beadboard at Rosenberryrooms eclectic kids

Though I do love this all red room as an office.  It seems like a space that would energize you as you work.

Red Room traditional home office

Super cute red bathroom that was featured on Apartment Therapy.  I love that tub.
apartment therapy- red clawfoot tub eclectic bathroom

Again - all of these bright red accents across the white cabinets really pops and makes the room feel more fun than frumpy.
Kitchen Makeover traditional kitchen

Ah - now just the pop of red on that chair is so chic and charming!
Nations Next Top Model Home eclectic living room

I LOVE red outside.  Doesn't this picture make you want it to be summer already?
Houses modern landscape

Kim at Twice Remembered might have one of the most coveted kitchens ever.  Love it!
The Twice Remembered Cottage traditional kitchen

I think this is a great example of how successfully red can be used in a really modern design.  I love the asian flare it gives.
5 Nagarim- kids furniture contemporary kids

This is probably the most popular picture that Domino ever did.  I see it all over Blogland and several people have created it in their own homes.
Blue guest bedroom with red accents (Domino via House of Turquoise) contemporary bedroom

I love this!  I think a nice red piece in a room can really brighten it up.
CrystalTech - [ Roger Hirsch Architect ] eclectic living room

Painting the back of built-ins and linens are also a great way to add a pop of red in the room.
Valerie Wills Interiors traditional living room

I really love this painting and think the chairs really set off this dining set well.
Dramatic Dining modern dining room

So there you go!  Do you use red in your home?  Little splashes or full out whole rooms?  I want to know!



P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!! Three cute baskets with your choice of liner color could be yours!

8 frugal friends said ...

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... @ February 3, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I do use red and I'm trying to get rid of most of it. I love the inspiration photos you chose though. Red and white looks gorgeous and in small doses red makes a beautiful impact. I have red and gold....and I'm so over it.

Tonya said... @ February 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I love red! It can really make a room pop. I have a few touches of red in our living room and dining room.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

Unknown said... @ February 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM

at our last house our bedroom was red but hubby made me promise to never do that again...

I do have red accents in my orange kitchen...we like color around here

Unknown said... @ February 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

It all started w/a red KitchenAid. Then every countertop appliance (almost) in red. Then red roosters. Love the pops of red in my kitchen.
Think we'll continue to see lots of red, even though 'experts' say purple & turquoise are the colors this year.

Claudya Martinez said... @ February 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I am really digging the red walls and red bathtub.

Karen said... @ February 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM

How funny that we did basically the same post with the same title on the same day. Don't they say that great minds think alike? LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my love of red post too.

Thrifty Decor Chick said... @ February 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

That red tub is FAB!! I was so glad I met you this weekend!!

TerryTaylor said... @ October 22, 2021 at 7:24 AM

This article is really extraordinary and a commitment of appreciation is for sharing the critical post. Visit the 2021 Ultimate Typing Championship where the quickest typist in the WORLD has been relegated the Champion. The opposition began with a sum of 414 chose people, who finished more than 94,000 complete framing tests on the treating the dirt site, wpm test before the basic 25 got a spot in the Eighth finals, where they all sought after a spot in the Quarterfinals, which was live on YouTube.

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails